What Does Web Server Architecture Mean?
Web server architecture is the logical layout or design of a web server, based on which a web server is designed, developed and deployed.
It defines the architectural layout and components of a web server, essential for delivering the required web server-based operations and services.
Techopedia Explains Web Server Architecture
Web server architecture consists of parameters including, but not limited to:
- Physical capacity of the server in terms of computing power, storage and memory
- Performance and quality of service (latency, throughput, low memory utilization)
- Application tiers (type of different applications deployed on the server)
- Platform supported (.Net, LAMP)
- Operating system (Windows, Linux, Solaris)
- Network and/or Internet connectivity (modes of connection and the number of concurrent users it can support)