Web Server Architecture
Definition - What does Web Server Architecture mean?
Web server architecture is the logical layout or design of a web server, based on which a web server is designed, developed and deployed.
It defines the architectural layout and components of a web server, essential for delivering the required web server-based operations and services.
Techopedia explains Web Server Architecture
Web server architecture consists of parameters including, but not limited to:
- Physical capacity of the server in terms of computing power, storage and memory
- Performance and quality of service (latency, throughput, low memory utilization)
- Application tiers (type of different applications deployed on the server)
- Platform supported (.Net, LAMP)
- Operating system (Windows, Linux, Solaris)
- Network and/or Internet connectivity (modes of connection and the number of concurrent users it can support)
Malicious Software: Worms, Trojans and Bots, Oh My!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: