Techopedia Explains Data ExhaustData exhaust refers to all of the related data generated by digital activities, and this data tells a good story about habits and preferences. Data exhaust consists of virtual trails left behind, similar to the exhaust from a vehicle, a byproduct that reveals the trail it has taken. This data is used to target advertisements to specific demographics and for market research, which tells businesses the online preferences, behaviors and habits of potential customers, giving them insight into how to mold their business into something that the people will consume. This is called behavioral targeting.
In more legitimate science, this can be used to improve digital and online processes based on the behaviors of users. We can look for shortcuts to minimize required actions and find areas to optimize, improve or change outright. Data exhaust is widely used in data mining and big data analytics.
- 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science
- 7 Things You Must Know About Big Data Before Adoption
- The Key to Quality Big Data Analytics: Understanding 'Different' - TechWise Episode 4 Transcript
- 5 Insights About Big Data (Hadoop) as a Service
- Living on the Edge: The 5 Key Benefits of Edge Analytics
- Big Data: How It's Captured, Crunched and Used to Make Business Decisions