Voice of the Customer (VOC)
Techopedia Explains Voice of the Customer (VOC)Studies on the VOC are generally conducted during or before the start of a new product, process or design of service initiatives in order to understand the wants and needs of the customer in relation to that of the organization’s vision for the new initiative. The input is often used as key inputs for the new product’s definition, detailed specifications and quality function deployment. The studies usually consist of both quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
There are many ways to gather information such as conducting focus groups, making contextual inquiries and performing individual interviews, to name a few. However, all of these methods involve a series of in-depth interviews that are focused on getting the customer’s feedback on experiences regarding current products and services or alternatives within the same category. These statements are then extracted of meaning and organized into a suitable hierarchy that can be used by the organization.
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Benefits of Big Data Marketing
- No, That's Not My Hand In There! Why Sockpuppet Marketing Is Bad News
- 3 Tips for Developing an IT Marketing Strategy
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?