Definition - What does Capacity Management mean?
Implementation of capacity management is improved and consistent levels of service and service quality along with lower costs.
Techopedia explains Capacity Management
Functions of capacity management:
- Storage of capacity management data.
- Ensuring required service levels are met in all disciplines.
- With respect to resource utilization, analyzing, monitoring, and tuning the necessary modifications.
- Understanding the current infrastructure performance and analyze the future requirements.
- With input from other teams, project the annual growth plan for infrastructure.
- Managing the requirements for computing resources.
Benefits of capacity management:
- Improvement of performance, reduction of consumption due to fine tuning of applications and components of infrastructure.
- Improving the efficiency of provision capacity.
- Elimination of redundant work and ensuring consistent monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Improvement of IT cost per service unit components.