Techopedia Explains Resource SchedulingThe algorithms used in resource scheduling differ according to the needs of the service provider. There are currently no set standards for resource scheduling, so virtualization software vendors have come up with their own based on mathematical and proven algorithms in computer science. There are research studies being done to determine which algorithms work best for a given scenario such as the Improved Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm and the Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm.
Some resource scheduling algorithms are not based on previously defined algorithms but on dynamic reactions to different variables such as current load and apparent need of requesting applications and virtual machines. This reactive approach seems to do the job well enough and can be fairly adaptable to most situations.
- Do You Really Understand Virtualization?
- The Benefits of Server Virtualization
- Grounding the Cloud: What You Need to Know About Cloud Service Brokers
- A Look at the Growth of Cloud Services
- Project Management 101
- How AI Can Help Tackle Climate Change