Definition - What does Cloud Operations mean?
Cloud operations encompass the process of managing and delivering cloud services and infrastructure to either an internal or an external user base. This involves ensuring peak performance and maintaining availability in order to satisfy the needs and expectations of customers and meet service level agreement standards. This also includes ensuring security and compliance, as well as keeping tabs on all operational costs.
Techopedia explains Cloud Operations
Cloud operations consist of the process of operating or running a cloud infrastructure and environment. It is supplemented by management to ensure that all of the processes and resources are managed properly to keep cloud operations running smoothly.
Cloud operations are intended to provide the following objectives:
- Deliver cloud services and/or infrastructure
- Optimize performance and capacity, as well as ensure proper resource management regardless of the platform used or infrastructure location
- Meet service level agreements
- Maintain compliance and configuration
- Automate service, change management and chargeback
- Maintain transparency and proper metering
- Ensure proper disaster recovery and mitigation