Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics (EIDE)
Techopedia explains Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics (EIDE)The original IDE drive controllers supported a transfer rate of up to 8.3 MBps, while EIDE supported a rate of up to 16.6 MBps. However, some sources list the transfer speed at around four times as fast on average. The IDE standard could also support mass storage devices of up to 8.4 GB. This is a large contrast to only 528 MB that IDE supported.
Fast ATA, Fast IDE, ATA-2
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies
- An Introduction to Blockchain Technology
- Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?