Techopedia Explains Redaction ToolsRedaction tools go far beyond what manual redaction offers, as redaction software tools offer the abilities to redact across different file formats, throughout a large number of files and in customized ways that support privacy goals and objectives.
Some features of redaction tools include the ability to redact redundant information across file folders and the ability to add notes showing the reasons for the redaction. These types of tools can be applied to different file formats like word processing formats (such as MS Word), PDFs and presentation formats (such as PowerPoint).
In general, redaction tools help to make certain kinds of tedious data entry or alteration easier, and to provide more comprehensive and consistent methods for safeguarding sensitive data in documents. This has become important in many types of industries, such as health care, where electronic medical records tools must comply with HIPAA regulations on protected health information, or in government work, where national secrets must be protected. The proliferation of redaction tools helps planners to achieve standards and levels of protection that serve their operations in a data-centered world.
- 5 Things to Remember About the NSA Leaks
- 3 Defenses Against Cyberattack That No Longer Work
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Provides Cloud Security Boost
- How to Maintain HIPPA Compliance on a Budget
- 5 Tips for Secure and Efficient Employee Offboarding
- Top Reasons to Use Predictive AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity in 2021