Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM)
Techopedia Explains Enterprise Metadata Management (EMM)Enterprise metadata management provides control and visibility needed to manage the change that often accompanies a complex enterprise data environment. EMM and the various software created for it provide management for data integration and allow users to view the links and roles of metadata.
EMM ensures that metadata is available in an effective way, making data more valuable. A common way of doing this is to aggregate and link metadata from a wide range of data sources so that it can be managed through a central hub.
Benefits of EMM include:
- Governs, integrates and manages data more easily through the understanding of the true meaning of information, from its actual content down to its metadata
- Reduces risks and manages change by avoiding errors and increasing regulatory compliance, eventually providing a holistic view of enterprise data across the organization
- Increases productivity by understanding the impact of specific data changes and enabling collaboration between technical and business stakeholders
- Facilitates better data flow between different systems
- Enables better governance of enterprise data assets
- Improves information access through context
- What is the Difference Between ERP Software and CRM Software?
- The 10 Most Important Hadoop Terms You Need to Know and Understand
- A Look at Data Center Infrastructure Management
- Cybersecurity and You: Why Learning Now Will Pay Off Later (6 Courses to Choose)
- Understanding Privacy Risks and Benefits of Skype Communication
- Deep Learning: How Enterprises Can Avoid Deployment Failure