Predictive Data Mining
Techopedia Explains Predictive Data MiningIT professionals may often talk about predictive data mining in conjunction with predictive analytics or say that predictive data mining supports predictive analytics. Predictive analytics is the use of data to forecast results. Data mining is the process of going through the system databases and finding relevant data to analyze.
For example, the predictive data mining process may use algorithm-based tools to go through a customer database to look at past transactions in order to support theories about possible future volumes of transactions. In other words, the data may help to project what will happen later on in the business, allowing business leaders to plan accordingly.
- 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science
- 5 Insights About Big Data (Hadoop) as a Service
- Data Warehousing 101
- When Will AI Replace Writers?
- How Cryptomining Malware is Dominating Cybersecurity
- Why Diversity is Essential for Quality Data to Train AI