IT Governance Framework
Definition - What does IT Governance Framework mean?
IT governance framework is a type of framework that defines the ways and methods through which an organization can implement, manage and monitor IT governance within an organization.
It provides guidelines and measures to effectively utilize IT resources and processes within an organization.
Techopedia explains IT Governance Framework
IT governance framework primarily helps organizations to provide a road map and evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the IT governance processes. It provides insight into the performance of the IT department and achieves legal and regulatory compliance with respect to IT.
An IT governance framework typically provides reference models for:
- IT processes
- Input and output of processes
- Key process objectives
- Performance measurement techniques
Commonly used IT governance frameworks include:
- ISO/IEC 38500:2008
- Information Technology Governance (IT Governance)
- Data Governance Framework
- IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF)
- ITIL Management
- Control Objectives For Information And Related Technology (COBIT)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Governance, Risk And Compliance (GRC)
- Information Technology Management (IT Management)
- Governance Plan
- Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
7 Tips For Selecting an Enterprise Mobile Device Management Solution
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: