Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
Definition - What does Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) mean?
Techopedia explains Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
The objective of DoDAF is to concretely define models and concepts that are usable in the DoD’s core processes:
- Joint Capabilities and Integration Development (JCIDS)
- Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE)
- Defense Acquisition System (DAS)
- Systems Engineering (SE)
- Operational Planning (OPLAN)
- Capability Portfolio Management (CPM)
- Establish guidance for creating architecture content as a function of purpose or "fit for purpose."
- Enhance the effectiveness and utility of architectures through a rigorous data model so that it can be analyzed, evaluated and eventually integrated with more precision. This data model is called DoDAF Meta Model (DM2).
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: