Fiber Optic Adapter
Techopedia Explains Fiber Optic AdapterFiber optic adapters mate two ends of different fibers; hence they are also called couplers. There are versions that connect single fibers together (simplex); others connect two fibers for duplex mode, and some even connect up to four fibers.
Precision mating is done through the alignment sleeves, which are made of either ceramic or metal such as copper in order to provide rigid support for the connectors, whereas the body of the connector itself is made of plastic. There are fiber optic adapters/couplers made for every type of fiber optic connector available.
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Growing Demand for Networking Pros
- INFOGRAPHIC: A Primer on Networking Cables
- Everything You Ought To Know About Green Networking
- The Top Ways to Use AI in Education
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing the Apps in Your SaaS Environment?
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve