Definition - What does VPN Concentrator mean?
A VPN concentrator is a type of networking device that provides secure creation of VPN connections and delivery of messages between VPN nodes.
It is a type of router device, built specifically for creating and managing VPN communication infrastructures.
Techopedia explains VPN Concentrator
A VPN concentrator primarily adds the capabilities of a VPN router by adding advanced data and network security to the communications. It has the ability to create and manage a large quantity of VPN tunnels.
A VPN concentrator is typically used for creating site-to-site VPN architectures. It can:
- Establish and configure tunnels
- Authenticate users
- Assign tunnel/IP addresses to users
- Encrypt and decrypt data
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of data
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- VPN Service Provider
- VPN Router
- VPN Connection
- Hardware Virtual Private Network (Hardware VPN)
- Mobile Virtual Private Network (mVPN)
- Open-Source Virtual Private Network (OpenVPN)
- Virtual Private Network Appliance (VPN appliance)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Remote Office/Branch Office Backup and Recovery
7 Tips For Selecting an Enterprise Mobile Device Management Solution
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: