Techopedia Explains MagnetometerMagnetometers are used extensively in different kinds of industries, including high-tech ones. One prime use of the magnetometer is in the security industry, where it is used to detect certain kinds of metals used in firearms.
Although some uses of magnetometers are currently in place in industries, others are largely theoretical. For example, the use of magnetic levitation or "maglev" trains is currently part of the transportation industry; however, individuals such as Tesla pioneer Elon Musk are now talking about theoretical high-speed tube transportation that would also use magnetic force as an energy source.
- The Advantages of Virtualization in Software Development
- Is the Cloud Catching on in Your Doctor's Office?
- How to Maintain HIPPA Compliance on a Budget
- 5 Tips for Secure and Efficient Employee Offboarding
- Top Reasons to Use Predictive AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity in 2021
- Benefits of Performing a Vulnerability Assessment