Labor Management System (LMS)
Techopedia Explains Labor Management System (LMS)Labor management system tools can come in many different packages. Typically, they offer metric-based tools for streamlining work and business processes. Another typical feature of LMS tools is the ability to analyze and implement training solutions. For example, using LMS to set better training schedules can allow for higher productivity in some industrial environments.
LMS tools can measure things like inventory, use of equipment and movement within a business facility. All of these data points are put together to allow businesses to micromanage labor.
One issue with LMS is cost. With so many other tech tools available to businesses, and so many other demands on corporate budgets, LMS tools can seem unaffordable because they may require a lot of upfront investment. However, some companies have greatly benefited from using these tools to identify productivity bottlenecks and eliminate them. As vendor services continue to evolve, the use of LMS may be one way for businesses to upgrade systems, to keep a competitive edge and to make business more efficient.
- Bye Bye Boss, Hello Office of the Future
- 5 Things to Know About BYOD Security
- 5 Key Things Holding Women in Tech Back - and What Can Be Done
- Why Saying Digital Transformation Is No Longer Right
- 10 Best Practices for Encryption Key Management and Data Security
- Encryption Just Isn't Enough: Critical Truths About Data Security