Techopedia explains ITIL ComplianceTypically, ITIL compliance is determined by the degree of adoption by an organization of the best practices implemented by ITIL, either in government or in the private sector.
ITIL compliance guidelines include categories such as change management, security architecture and help desk systems. Companies can then find ways to accomplish ITIL compliance by using the appropriate systems and strategies. Vendors for corporations advertise themselves as being ITIL compliant or having the right certifications to provide systems that conform to the ITIL standards.
Consultants or other advisers may also offer tools such as "ITIL checklists" to determine ITIL compliance. These may track incidents, provide specific management tools or use protocols like a request for change or database configuration template. All of these help create a stronger standard for corporate technology.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- 802.What? Making Sense of the 802.11 Family
- HTML5: For The Future Web
- Beyond Governance and Compliance: Why IT Security Risk Is What Matters
- How Can Technology Help Companies Stay Compliant During COVID-19?
- How to Ensure Peak Remote Work Productivity
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
TagsVirtualizationIT ManagementIT Business
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Incident Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- Governance, Risk And Compliance
- Audit Trail
- ITIL Management
- Cloud Computing
- Business Continuity Plan
- Distributed Computing System
- Financial Malware
- Application Infrastructure Provider