Techopedia Explains IT ChargebackIn an IT chargeback situation, instead of simply charging all IT costs to one central department, the company charges individual costs to the user groups or centers that most directly consume the goods or services that were purchased. This principle can make things clearer for administrators who have to manage costs and can also help to provide a clearer contrast for various options, such as outsourcing. With so many types of cloud and SaaS services proliferating across the business world, IT chargeback can be a useful way of ordering information and assessing value for cost.
IT chargeback is sometimes contrasted with other options for keeping track of costs, such as showback. In showback accounting, costs are presented in a decentralized way, without being actually cross-charged to the different accounts.
- What Do Amazon Web Services Bring To The Cloud?
- How to Optimize Your Enterprise Storage Solution
- 3 BYOD Costs Companies Often Overlook
- Living on the Edge: The 5 Key Benefits of Edge Analytics
- MLOps: The Key to Success in Enterprise AI
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?