IT Cost Optimization (ITCO)
Definition - What does IT Cost Optimization (ITCO) mean?
Techopedia explains IT Cost Optimization (ITCO)
IT cost optimization may refer to systems that maintain cost transparency or to resources that protect the business from adverse technology impacts in a merger and acquisition (M&A) event. In other words, ITCO can help with planning in case a merger or acquisition requires analysis of IT assets.
Some business professionals may refer to ITCO in the context of return on investment for technology or when trying to figure out difficult issues around value for cost. Aspects of an ITCO plan may include developing efficiencies for technology, looking at the prioritization of IT tools, rightsizing IT resources for business use, pushing for better capacity or performance for technology, and evaluating sustainable growth alternatives. All of these guide businesses toward a more precise use of the IT resources and architectures that they have invested in for the future.
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
- Supply Chain Execution (SCE)
- Inventory Software
- Information Technology (IT)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Fractional Chief Information Officer (Fractional CIO)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: