Enterprise Application Outsourcing (EAO)
Techopedia explains Enterprise Application Outsourcing (EAO)There are many ways that EAO can work. Contracts may be annual or ongoing. Services may be implemented at the client site or off-site in the case of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and related designs. Ownership of the hardware and IT structure involved also differs. In general, EAO allows companies to do less work in maintaining the software that they use for daily operations and allows shifting a large part of the operational burdens to third-party vendors.
All of these take place in the context of a more diverse and highly fragmented community of business IT-related services. Cloud computing and SaaS models have changed the game and altered the business landscape considerably. Enterprise application outsourcing is one of those options that push the boundaries of what businesses can do with strategic partnerships.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- What is the Difference Between ERP Software and CRM Software?
- Enterprise Cloud 101
- Enterprise Computing: What's All the Buzz?
- Cybersecurity and You: Why Learning Now Will Pay Off Later (6 Courses to Choose)
- Understanding Privacy Risks and Benefits of Skype Communication
- Deep Learning: How Enterprises Can Avoid Deployment Failure