Definition - What does Web Component mean?
- Java Servlet: A server-side Web component used to process requests and construct responses.
- JavaServer Pages: Used to create dynamic Web content and server/platform-independent Web-based applications.
Techopedia explains Web Component
The Web container - the environment where Web components are executed - also provides services required for execution. If a Web component is executed by a Web container, the component must first be deployed in a Web container.
There are four basic steps involved in Web component development and execution:
- Writing Web component code. A deployment descriptor also may be included in the code.
- Packaging the Web component, along with the resources referenced in the code such as images and videos.
- Installing the Web component in the Web container.
- Accessing the link that refers to the Web component.
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: