Techopedia Explains Consumer TelepresenceIn the IT world, consumer telepresence has come to describe systems that improve on the basic videoconferencing tools of yesterday. For example, some video telepresence tools are enhancing resolution for video conferencing platforms, adding new features to make the videoconferencing seem more realistic or changing the hardware and software that conferencing users rely on to upgrade a video or teleconferencing experience.
One example of a new consumer telepresence technology is the videoconferencing robot. These robots allow one user to control the viewscreen of another user so that they can more actively follow their motion onscreen. Other kinds of consumer telepresence tools involve better and more reliable broadcasting of remote images. Part of today's consumer telepresence world is the race between big tech companies to offer better services and platforms.
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Does Your Smartphone Say About You?
- The New Technology That Could Double Wireless Spectrum Efficiency
- There's an App for That - In Your Car
- The Best Practices for Managing Cloud Applications
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence
- 7 Salesforce Alternatives to Consider in 2021