Techopedia explains Current LoopIn many cases, the purpose of a current loop is to analyze or measure things like temperature, pH value or other variables in an environment. It can also be used for things related to grounding and other system elements.
The devices connected to a current loop may be active and have their own power source, or they may be passive and rely on power from the loop.
There are different types of current loops, including long telecom line loops, discrete control functioning loops and other kinds of process controllers.
This type of electrical engineering has been used extensively in telephony and in two-way radio systems.
A current loop can often be easily monitored using a multimeter.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Happens to Electronic Waste?
- Recycling Old Tech - It's the Law
- What Mean Time Between Failures Really Means
- How Cryptomining Malware is Dominating Cybersecurity
- Liberland: The Country on the Blockchain
- Cryptocurrency: Our World's Future Economy?