Techopedia Explains Citrix XenDesktopMany enterprises use Citrix XenDesktop and similar tools to set up ultra-modern networks that no longer require out-of-the-box software licensing, Ethernet cabling and more. Whereas traditional networks were built structurally in-house, in one physical office, today's networks are often distributed around the world and linked together by virtualization software. For example, Citrix XenDesktop and similar tools allow companies to adopt a "bring your own device" (BYOD) strategy, which allows employees to use their personal devices as company devices.
Security experts are now looking at security issues associated with this kind of strategy, including the use of new smart phones with multi-operating systems that offer separate interfaces for work and personal use. Tools like Citrix XenDesktop can help with this kind of setup, by delivering precise desktop virtualization exactly where it is needed, whether that is for an office machine or for a mobile device.
- 5 Best Practices for Server Virtualization
- Virtualization Versus the Cloud
- The Different Types of Virtualization That Benefit Small Businesses
- The Best Practices for Managing Cloud Applications
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence
- 7 Salesforce Alternatives to Consider in 2021