Techopedia Explains LatecomerA groupware system requires a basic mechanism that allows latecomers to attain a system's current state via a replay describing how a current state was attained. This mechanism logs modifying events in a history list. This list is replayed to latecomers with a current activity status. If an event depends on external information, it can be difficult to replay a log correctly.
Maintaining history can present two key issues:
- It can potentially consume too much memory space.
- A complete replay consumes time.
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company
- Will Bitcoin Survive? 5 Factors From Each Side of the Debate
- 12 Top Women in Tech Right Now