Techopedia Explains Terminal ServerTerminal servers can be set up in several different ways. They may connect through a network interface card (NIC) to an Ethernet or token ring LAN, or through a modem to a wide area network. Other kinds of terminal servers provide links through other hardware/software architectures. Some can be customized to do more than one kind of connection. Terminal servers can also use various protocols including TCP/IP.
Terminal servers can work effectively to link up dozens and dozens of pieces of hardware, including personal computers, printers and other hardware components. They act as centralized connectors in place of other more sophisticated network setups that provide more security for data in transit.
- Windows Server 2008: How to Reduce Disk Space
- 5 Best Practices for Server Virtualization
- The Advantages of Virtualization in Software Development
- Experts Share 5 AI Predictions for 2023
- Artificial Intelligence: Debunking the Top 10 AI Myths
- WooCommerce vs. Magento: Best Ecommerce Platform in 2023