Office Automation (OA)
Definition - What does Office Automation (OA) mean?
Office automation (OA) refers to the collective hardware, software and processes that enable automation of the information processing and communication tasks in an organization. It involves using computers and software to digitize, store, process and communicate most routine tasks and processes in a standard office.
Techopedia explains Office Automation (OA)
Typically, office automation calls for having all hardware, software and network resources to automate basic to advanced-level tasks in an office environment. A comprehensive office automation solution typically includes:
- Computers for all employees and/or data processing personnel
- Software that enables word processing, creating spreadsheets, managing accounts and more
- Internet connectivity and email programs to send and receive email messages
- Fax and printing services
- Instant communication such as VoIP and more
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: