Techopedia Explains VisiCalcVisiCalc was conceived by Dan Bricklin and developed by Bob Franskton through their company Software Arts. The program was created in 1979, initially for Apple computers. VisiCalc was later sold to Lotus Corporation and served as the basic architecture behind the Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet software application.
VisiCalc didn’t include powerful accounting features, but it was a good tool for managing accounts, credit card records, taxes and completing other basic account management tasks.
- AI in the Enterprise: 3 Key Application Areas
- 5 Ways AI is Changing Art
- AI's Got Some Explaining to Do
- Comply and Protect: The Data Security Rulebook
- Experts Share 5 AI Predictions for 2023
- Artificial Intelligence: Debunking the Top 10 AI Myths