Millennium Research Project
Techopedia Explains Millennium Research Project
Launched by Microsoft in 1996, the goal of the Millennium research project was to make a software program run on thousands of computers as easily and simply as on a single system. Millennium is geared toward separating an operating system (OS) from an application by raising the level of abstraction. The project's prototypes offer increased performance and customizability, while the project's infrastructure division focuses on factors like performance and self-optimization. Millennium employs aggressive optimization methods to optimize distributed computing systems without affecting applications.
- Insider Threat Awareness: Avoiding Internal Security Breaches
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks Explained: Are You at Risk?