Definition - What does Process Owner mean?
A process owner is responsible for managing and overseeing the objectives and performance of a process through Key Performance Indicators (KPI). A process owner has the authority to make required changes related to achieving process objectives.
Techopedia explains Process Owner
- Explaining the purpose of a process
- Ensuring process objectives
- Determining and implementing KPIs
- Ensuring quality reporting
- Negotiating other process conflicts with respective process owners
- Requesting required IT employee training
- Reviewing, approving and communicating process changes and/or improvements and researching process retooling
- Advising management of process breaches or interruptions