On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP)
Techopedia Explains On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP)
Web services and service-oriented architecture often have OLTP integrated into them. If an enterprise is dependent upon OLTP, a system stoppage or breakdown can severely impact operations and revenues. Thus, security and reliability become major concerns. Offline maintenance often must be planned and strategically scheduled to minimize negative impacts.
- Money Laundering, the Internet Way
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?