Definition - What does Systems Analyst mean?
A systems analyst is an IT professional who works on a high level in an organization to ensure that systems, infrastructures and computer systems are functioning as effectively and efficiently as possible. System analysts carry the responsibilities of researching problems, finding solutions, recommending courses of actions and coordinating with stakeholders in order to meet specified requirements. They study the current system, procedures and business processes of a company and create action plans based on the requirements set.
Systems analysts need to be familiar with different operating systems, hardware configurations, programming languages, and software and hardware platforms. They can be involved starting from the analysis phase of the project until the post deployment assessment review.
Techopedia explains Systems Analyst
The job’s responsibilities may be summarized as follows:
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders to learn and document requirements in order to create a technical specification
- Interact and coordinate with developers and implementers
- Help perform system testing
- Deploy the system
- Help with technical documentation like manuals
- Deliberate over post-project assessment
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: