Techopedia Explains Super-video (S-Video)Some associate S-video with JVC company, the company that pioneered one of the more common types of connectors for this transmission method. The connector has a wide round shape and four pins in a grounded pair setup. Many types of consumer products and devices have this S-video connector built into their designs. There are also S-VHS machines and other products that use S-video protocol.
One of the benefits of S-video is a higher bandwidth than composite video technologies. However, although many consider S-video to be a step up from composite in terms of image quality, quality and compatibility can be issues with S-video, and users have to consider the full range of analog and digital video solutions in setting up a display infrastructure. For example, where SCART technology or other methods have largely replaced S-video on consumer products, it may be hard to use S-video in the average A/V connection.
- 11 Essential Steps for Implementing SaaS
- How Technology Is Helping Companies Achieve Their DEI Goals in 2022
- Destroying Silos With Integrated Data Analytics Platforms
- Data Center Transition Operations Plan: A Precision Critical Strategy
- IoT Security Challenges: Why Enterprise Must Assess Them Now
- The Pros And Cons of The Hybrid Workforce