Techopedia Explains HypertextThe concept of hypertext was central to the creation of the World Wide Web. Through the use of textual links, Web pages written in HyperText Markup Language (HTML) can be linked and cross-referenced throughout the Web. Ted Nelson actually had a far grander vision for hypertext than Tim Berners-Lee’s World Wide Web, but his project, Xanadu is still under development many decades later.
Nelson also coined the term hypermedia to refer to graphics, sounds and animations that could be similarly interlinked.
- The Pioneers of the World Wide Web
- When Will AI Replace Writers?
- The Best Practices for Managing Cloud Applications
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence
- 7 Salesforce Alternatives to Consider in 2021
- 7 Ways Technology Has Changed Television