Techopedia explains End UserAn end user is the individual who will ultimately be using an IT product or service. Understanding and evaluating end users is particularly important for hardware and software vendors, as well as other IT solutions/services firms when it comes to designing and shaping their products/services to fit users' needs. An end user is generally assumed to have limited capabilities, thus distinguishing them from pro users or power users. For example, end users for data entry software will be data entry staff, whereas the software administrators would be considered power users.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- INFOGRAPHIC: Sneaky Apps That Are Stealing Your Personal Information
- The Best Paying Jobs in Tech for Women
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies