Definition - What does Project Analyst mean?
A project analyst is an individual that analyzes, reviews and documents the requrements of a project throughout its lifecycle. He or she helps the entire project team complete the project within its planned scope, schedule and budget, while serving as a liaison for the project's technical, functional and non-functional teams.
Techopedia explains Project Analyst
Although a project analyst's job roles vary by organization and project setting, the primary responsibilities are performing, analyzing and providing project analysis and support to the entire project team. A project analyst is generally a junior/mid-level position that works with or directly reports to the project manager. The project analyst level includes few tasks requiring critical decision making skills.
Project analyst job responsibilities include:
- Creating, managing and disbursing reports related to the project
- Maintaining project assets, communications and related database(s)
- Evaluating and monitoring the overall project
- Reviewing and reporting the project’s budget and finances
- Routinely performing complete or component analysis
- Notifying the entire project team about abnormalities or variances
Using Product Management Features in a CRM Solution
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: