Techopedia Explains Decompiler
A decompiler, like a disassembler, works via reverse engineering. The decompiler translates a compiled code or an executable file into high-level code.
A decompiler can be useful in some cases for the following purposes:
- Recovery of lost source code to archive or maintain the code
- Debugging programs
- Antivirus capability to find vulnerabilities in the program
- Interoperability to facilitate migration of a program across platforms
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company