Definition - What does Enterprise Software mean?
Enterprise software is an over-arching term for any software used in large organizations (whether business or government). It is considered to be an essential part of a computer-based information system, and it provides business-oriented tools such as online payment processing and automated billing systems.
Enterprise software is also referred to as enterprise application software.
Techopedia explains Enterprise Software
The main goal behind enterprise software is to improve enterprise productivity and efficiency through business logic support functionality.
Enterprise software performs business functions including order processing, accounting and customer relationship management.
- Enterprise Class
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
- Enterprise Decision Management (EDM)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Enterprise Portal Software (EPS)
- Enterprise Social Software (ESS)
- Enterprise Computing
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: