Definition - What does Horizontal Application mean?
A horizontal application is any software application that is designed to be used by many different types of users and businesses. It is a type of generic application that has usability and utility within a broad range of users.
A horizontal application can also be called a general-purpose application.
Techopedia explains Horizontal Application
- Vertical Application
- Service-Oriented Business Application (SOBA)
- Application Portfolio
- Composite Applications
- Application Suite
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Horizontal Application
- Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: