Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
Definition - What does Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) mean?
A Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) is a professional trainer who has been certified by Microsoft as an expert in terms of professional knowledge and with the ability to properly impart this knowledge to others, especially to non-technical people. MCTs are considered as the premier instructional and technical experts in all Microsoft technologies and they have the sole authority to deliver training for other Microsoft Certifications.
Techopedia explains Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
Microsoft Certified Trainers are professionals who instruct other professionals who want to become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). They are the only authorized individuals to provide official training for Microsoft Certification exams. Because of this, the trainer must pass their own certification exam after becoming eligible by meeting some stringent requirements. They are also authorized to give various Microsoft technology training to non-technical personnel or give seminars.
- Must already be a premier Microsoft Certified Professional. This includes the Systems Engineer, Microsoft Office Specialist, Microsoft Certified IT Professional and Microsoft Certified Master certifications, among others.
- Must be a competent trainer by being one of the following: CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CompTIA CTT+ exam), a technical trainer for an approved vendor, an instructor at an approved academic institution or pass an approved presentation skills course
Certification maintenance requirements:
- Must deliver at least one official Microsoft course within the first year of being an MCT
- Give course evaluations to all students and maintain a high score in customer satisfaction
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
- Microsoft Windows
- Desktop Environment (DE)
- Computer Management
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: