Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links, at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
As the US gambling market expands, plenty of British sports betting giants are entering the market. Unibet is one such brand, a major international sportsbook that has been around for 25+ years. Our team has reviewed all aspects of the operator and broken down the findings in this Unibet AZ review.
Unibet AZ Loyalty Program
Unibet does not currently offer a loyalty program through its sportsbook. Both its poker and casino site have loyalty programs, but neither of these are available in Arizona currently.
How to Claim your Bonus with the Unibet AZ Promo Code
- Follow any link on this page to Unibet and select “Join Now”.
- Create an account, adding any of the required information.
- Head to the cashier from your account.
- Select the “NEW PLAYER OFFER | $100 Second Chance Bet” offer in the ‘Select your bonus’ section (no code needed).
- Pick your payment method and make a deposit.
Unibet Arizona Welcome Bonus Types Explained
Unibet AZ offers a nice welcome bonus for new players, a second chance bet which insures your first bet up to $100. That means you can get up to $100 back even if your bet loses. Let’s take a deeper dive into the offer below.
Unibet Arizona Sportsbook Bonus: Second Chance Bet
- Bonus amount: $100 Second Chance Bet
- Bonus code: N/A
- Rollover: 3x
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: 7 days
A solid welcome bonus awaits you at Unibet AZ when you register with the sportsbook for the first time. This is a bet insurance offer where you can claim up to $100 back if the first bet you make loses, which is quite a classic offer found at Arizona gambling sites.
Staking amounts eligible for bet insurance range from $10 to $100. You must wager on markets with odds of -300 or higher to claim the welcome bonus, while the playthrough requirement is 3x.
Unibet AZ No Deposit Bonus
Once you register and become an ongoing customer, Unibet will provide promos specific to certain events, such as the NBA Finals or NFL Playoffs. Other than that, no additional bonuses are available apart from the refer-a-friend offer. This is essentially a Unibet no deposit bonus because all you need to do is recommend a friend to get the bonus funds.
Unibet Promo Code & Bonus Terms and Conditions
It’s important to understand all the terminology used in T&Cs, so you don’t miss out on any potential bonus funds. That being said, we know it can be tricky to get to grips with the language being used, which is why we’ve explained some of the most important terms you need to know below.
- Promo Codes: A unique combination of letters and numbers that activate your chosen bonus. You will normally need to apply it at registration or when making a deposit.
- Rollovers/Wagering Requirements: Before you can cash out winnings from a bonus, you have to wager a certain amount of money first, eg 3x the bonus amount.
- Min/Max Deposit: To be eligible for a bonus, you can normally expect to have to make a minimum deposit first. There will be a maximim deposit amount specified too.
- Eligible Games/Sports: Some bonuses have to be used on specific games or sports only, which you will find in the T&Cs.
- Expiry Date: Bonus funds have to be wagered within a set time period, known as the expiry date.
Mistakes to Avoid when Claiming a Unibet Arizona Bonus
When claiming a bonus at Arizona sports betting sites, it’s important to understand the T&Cs and avoid the most common mistakes:
- Not using bonus funds in time
Bonuses come with expiry dates, usually somewhere between seven and 30 days. All bonuses are created differently, so don’t assume you know the expiry date because the last one you claimed had a 30-day period.
- Not reading the small print
Another common mistake bettors make is not reading the small print. Certain bonuses may only be eligible on specific games or markets, so be sure to read everything before you gamble.
- Not understanding the wagering requirements
You need to know how much money you will need to gamble in order to meet the wagering requirements. If the bonus is $100 and has 40x rollover, you’ll need to spend 40 x $100 = $4,000 in order to get the original bonus funds. It’s important to understand how the wagering requirements work and if you can afford to bet that much money.
Unibet AZ Registration Process (10/10)
Sports betting sites in Arizona must cover Know Your Customer (KYC) measures that involve customers providing specific information. While this is essential, the best sportsbooks balance responsibility with an efficient registration process. Unibet AZ gets this balance just right with a fast sign-up process:
1. Register your account
Follow a link on this Unibet AZ review page to visit the sportsbook directly. Hit the green “Register” button on the Unibet homepage (located in the top right).
2. Provide personal details
During registration, you must provide personal info such as your email, name, address, Social Security Number (SSN), phone number, and geolocation. Verify your registration by clicking the link in an email from Unibet Arizona.
3. Make a deposit
You can deposit funds by going to the cashier section, choosing a payment method, and adding your payment details. Deposits clear instantly, allowing you to start betting immediately.
4. Place your bets
Choose a sports betting market in the sportsbook and make your bet.
5. Cash out your winnings
If that first bet wins, you can cash out winnings once you verify your account. You can choose a withdrawal method and cash out in the banking section.
How Unibet Arizona Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
With so many operators to choose from, it can be hard to make a decision. We’ve compared the bonuses at Unibet to two of its competitors to help you make a quick comparison.
|Sports Bonus||$100 second chance bet||20% up to $1,000||First Bet Back up to $1,250 + 1,000 Reward Credits & 1,000 Tier Credits|
|Sports Wagering||3x||25x bonus||1x|
Unibet Review (8.8/10)
- Website: az.unibet.com
- Payout time: 1-3 days
- Established: 1997
- Headquarters: Malta
Unibet is one of the most established and popular global sports betting sites worldwide. It has been providing its high-quality sportsbook brand since 1999 and has won numerous awards and accolades. With millions of customers, Unibet has become one of the UK’s leading global betting brands.
Unibet has been through plenty of ownership changes over the years before the formation of the Kindred Group. In 2018 the company entered the US market and is available in Ohio, Virginia, Iowa, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.
Unibet AZ became available on September 9, 2021, and was one of the launched sportsbooks when the Copper State. The Arizona Department of Gaming handles licensing and regulation, while Unibet is also available at nine physical locations through its partnership with Turf Paradise.
Bettors looking for a wide range of betting action will love Unibet, as you can bet on everything from big pro sports to more niche markets, all complete with some excellent betting features too. SGP insurance, daily boosts, and bonus bets are just some of the great reasons to sign up to Unibet AZ today.
One area we’d like to see improve is for rewarding loyalty. Many other operators offer points or rewards systems, which is something that Unibet doesn’t currently offer. Overall, though, the multiple betting markets and features outshine the fact there’s no loyalty scheme.
Pros & Cons
- 50,000+ soccer betting markets
- SGP insurance, daily boosts, and more
- Good welcome bonus, plus refer-a-friend bonuses
- Responsive customer support
- No loyalty program offered currently
Unibet AZ Rankings by Category
Unibet Sportsbook AZ (10/10)
Unibet is globally recognized as one of the best online sports betting platforms, so it makes sense that it offers one of the best sportsbooks in Arizona. One factor that sets Unibet apart is the sheer number of betting markets on offer. The operator is famous for having more available bets than most sites, with tens of thousands of weekly markets.
If you like to mix and match the sports you bet on, Unibet AZ is the place to be. There are around 35 sports, one of the highest portfolios currently available amongst any betting site. Major sports in the US and internationally are available, but there are also plenty of smaller sports, such as chess, bowling, and esports.
- Australian Rules
- Formula 1
- Odds Boost
- Olympic Games
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Winter Sports
As one of the best sportsbooks in Arizona, Unibet caters to all types of bettors. As well as wide sports coverage, there are thousands of bets open each day, providing you with the chance to wager with the following lines:
- Moneyline: This is the most basic type of bet, where you simply choose which team you think will win the game. Unibet provides moneylines on all its markets, including college sports in Arizona.
- Point spread: With this wager, you’re not just betting on which team will win. You’re also betting on how many points they will win.
- Total: This bet is all about the combined score of both teams. You can bet on whether the total score will be over or under a certain number.
- Player props: Player props are bets on individual players. You can bet on things like how many points a player will score, how many rebounds they will get, or even whether they will make a three-pointer.
- Team props: Team props are similar to player props, but they’re based on the performance of an entire team. You can bet on things like how many points a team will score, how many yards they will rush for, or even whether they will win the game outright.
- Parlays: Parlays are a combination of multiple bets. If all of your bets win, you’ll get a much higher payout than if you had just bet on one game. However, if even one of your bets loses, you’ll lose your entire bet.
- Futures: Futures bets are for events that will happen in the future. Futures bets usually have lower odds than other types of bets, but they also have the potential for much larger payouts.
Considering Unibet has been around since the 1990s, it is expected to provide a full suite of betting features. The good news is Unibet AZ delivers the same experience and features as the international Unibet sportsbook:
- Live Betting: Unibet hits a home run with its sheer number of in-play markets. Of course, the major leagues in the US (NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB) and soccer get the most live betting options. Unibet AZ also chooses an in-play market to boost odds each week, called ‘Live Boost of the Week’.
- Cash Out: Early cash out is available on a respectable number of markets on Unibet. Other sportsbooks offer more, but Unibet AZ still provides hundreds of cash-out markets at any time. So, if you feel you want to recoup a portion of your wager during a bet, this is a fantastic option.
- Live Streaming: As an accompaniment to live betting, the ability to live stream is a handy feature. While this is not essential, live streaming is a nice tool the best bookies provide. Unibet AZ has a solid live-streaming schedule covering major sports and even some more obscure markets.
Unibet Casino AZ (N/A)
Unibet’s online casino is currently unavailable in Arizona due to legal restrictions. If gambling laws change and Unibet enter the market in the state, we’ll be sure to update this section with our verdict on the casino.
Unibet Poker AZ (N/A)
The Unibet poker site, just like its online casino, is also not available in Arizona due to gambling law restrictions. Residents and visitors are allowed to gamble at one of the state’s 25 tribal casinos but online gambling is prohibited. If anything changes, we will update this section and include a full review.
Unibet AZ Payment Methods (9.5/10)
Unibet stands out as one of Arizona’s best online sportsbooks for flexible payments, thanks to to its broad selection covering debit/credit cards, e-wallets, and traditional methods. We’ve provided an overview below.
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|ACH Transfer||$10||$10||3-5 business days|
|Debit (Visa/Mastercard)||$10||$10||1-3 business days|
Unibet AZ Design and User Interface (8/10)
With decades of experience, Unibet has spent much time perfecting its user interface and creating a functional betting website and mobile app. If you want to play Unibet AZ, you can access the sportsbook on your desktop PC or a mobile device.
Desktop Experience (7/10)
Unibet AZ offers a smooth site that is easy to navigate. However, it is also visually bland and shows signs of old age. Unibet feels dated in the face of ultra-modern sportsbook websites like FanDuel and SuperBook.
Of course, Unibet’s aesthetic appeal is subjective; to be clear, it is still a professional-looking sportsbook. But there are areas where the experience can improve, such as in the left panel where sports are listed. All the sports are grouped too closely and too small, making the section look cluttered.
These are minor complaints because using Unibet Arizona is still accessible, thanks to the simple UI. Sports and leagues are on the left, betting markets are in the center, and the betting slip is on the right.
App & Mobile Experience (8.5/10)
Accessing Unibet AZ on mobile is easy and flexible. One option is to visit the Unibet website through your mobile web browser. The sports betting site is fully mobile-compatible and optimized for smaller screens, with menus becoming more functional on smartphones and tablets. While the website/browser is good, the best way to experience Unibet on mobile is through the official app.
The Unibet AZ app puts all the sports and betting markets within reach. You can easily touch, scroll, and swipe your way through Unibet with ease thanks to a responsive app that never has any lag. Furthermore, the Unibet AZ app also helps you save battery life because it is optimized for mobile devices.
Unibet AZ Account Verification (10/10)
Before you can withdraw for the first time, you will need to verify yourself with Unibet AZ. You must send the operator copies of your ID (ID card, driving license, passport) and proof of address (tax document, utility bill, etc).
This process can take up to 48 hours for Unibet to verify your credentials, but it usually takes less than 24 hours. Customers can verify themselves within their Unibet account at any time before making a first withdrawal.
It’s also important to note that Arizona has specific regulations to ensure bettors who access online sportsbooks are either residents or visiting the state. To achieve this, betting operators must use geolocation tracking technology, and bettors must agree to be tracked by this software. If you don’t, then you won’t be able to place any wagers.
Unibet AZ Customer Support (9/10)
Unibet covers all of the basics in terms of customer support. A massive FAQ section neatly sorts categories such as payments, accounts, bonuses, and T&Cs. We recommend checking the FAQ for general information. If you have a specific problem, the Unibet AZ team is on hand to help. Well, if you contact them within certain hours.
Live chat is not open 24/7, which is not ideal. However, it is also normal amongst Arizona sportsbooks, so it is hard to criticize Unibet for simply following the industry trend in the state. When you do use live chat, connection times are good, and the support agents are knowledgeable and helpful. Below is the full list of customer support services on Unibet:
- Live Chat: 07:00-22:00 Mountain Time
- Phone: (844) 387-1934
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @UnibetUS
Unibet AZ Responsible Gambling (10/10)
Some sportsbooks fulfil the bare regulatory minimum in terms of responsible gambling. We are happy to report that Unibet is not one of those operators. In fact, Unibet AZ does everything to ensure customers have access to responsible gambling resources, including loss, deposit, wager, and time limits.
You also can activate a cool-off period and self-exclusion through the Arizona Department of Gaming. Unibet links directly to the Arizona Department of Gaming Division for Problem Gambling and the Arizona Council on Compulsive Gambling.
Unibet AZ – Our Verdict (8.8/10)
Unibet is a British sports betting giant that has successfully expanded to the United States. By bringing decades of experience, Unibet AZ is so close to being the complete sports betting site.
It covers more sports and offers more betting markets than most rivals, while odds can often be trendsetting. Then there is the no-frills welcome bonus, which is lucrative and accessible without being too flashy. Unibet Arizona loses some points because of an aging website design and lack of loyalty program.
However, these problems are really small and may not even bother many bettors. Unibet’s live streaming and flexible payments are available whether you’re playing on mobile or desktop. The great news is you can get started today by following the link below to grab your welcome bonus at Unibet.
Is Unibet available in Arizona?
Yes, Unibet AZ has been available since September 9, 2021, as one of the first sportsbooks to open in the state and has been a popular choice for bettors ever since.
Is Unibet Sportsbook AZ legit?
Absolutely, Unibet is a reputable operator with a license to operate in AZ from the Arizona Department of Gaming. Unibet is an international operator outside of the Copper State with licenses in other markets.
Does Unibet AZ have a casino?
No. Real money online casinos are currently unavailable in Arizona from any operator. Unibet does operate a casino in other countries and states, so if Arizona embraces online iGaming, Unibet will be well-positioned to debut its casino offering in the state.
How long does it take to withdraw at Unibet AZ?
Unibet offers some of the fastest withdrawal times in Arizona sports betting. The operator says it approves all withdrawals within 24 hours unless there is an issue with the transaction. Moreover, bettors can get their winnings in their financial accounts within hours using PayPal.
Who owns Unibet?
Unibet is a part of the Kindred Group, a company that owns a stable of online casinos and sportsbooks. Kindred was born from Unibet as a rebranding to act as a parent organization for the portfolio of betting sites.
What is the minimum age to bet at Unibet in Arizona?
Bettors in Arizona must be 21 or older to make real money wagers at Unibet. The sports gambling age is different from the casino gambling age in AZ, which is 18+.
- Arizona Department of Gaming
- Arizona sports betting law
- The Arizona Republic (Major newspaper printed in Pheonix)
- The Arizona Daily Star (Major newspaper printed in Tucson)
- Arizona Daily Sun (Major newspaper printed in Flagstaff)