Our review of PointsBet Colorado covers all you need to know about the sportsbook, from its loyalty program to the types of bets offered. Discover why PointsBet CO is popular with bettors in the Centennial State.
Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links, at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
PointsBet CO Loyalty Program
PointsBet Rewards is the sportsbook’s loyalty program, where you earn Rewards Points as you place real money wagers. Once your total number of points reaches 250, you can exchange them for bonus bets. You earn 1 Rewards Point for every $5 spent on fixed odds bets.
For parlays, it’s 1 Rewards Point for every $1 you wager. When you exchange points for bonus bets, the bets are worth the number of points divided by 100.
For example, 250 Rewards Points would give you a bonus bet worth $2.50. While this loyalty program doesn’t offer real-life rewards such as hotel stays and meals like its competitors BetMGM and Caesars, it is still well worth your time.
How to Redeem your PointsBet CO Welcome Bonus
Although there isn’t a welcome bonus available for new bettors, we expect there to be another soon. When the time comes, redeeming your bonus offer will likely involve the following steps:
- From the homepage of PointsBet CO, register for your account.
- Provide the necessary personal details when prompted.
- Once verified, head to the cashier section.
- Make a deposit. Usually the bonus will be automatically applied at this stage.
- Place your wagers and enjoy your experience with PointsBet CO.
PointsBet Colorado Welcome Bonus Types Explained
The most recent welcome bonus at PointsBet was a ‘Bet $50, Get $150’ offer where new bettors received promo credit to spend on Fanatics merch. This offer has expired and there doesn’t appear to be another welcome bonus currently, which our team found to be disappointing. When a new offer is released, we’ll update this section with all the information you need to know.
PointsBet CO Bonus Site Credit
There are no ongoing promotions at PointsBet CO that offer bonus credit. We’ll add the details to this section if new promotions offer bonus credit and let you know if there’s a PointsBet promo code CO you need to enter.
PointsBet CO No Deposit Bonus
There isn’t a PointsBet CO no deposit bonus available to claim, either. If the sportsbook ever introduces a PointsBet CO no deposit bonus, we’ll update this section with all the details.
PointsBet CO Promo Code and Bonus Terms and Conditions
It is vitally important to read your terms and conditions – and know what the terms mean. Read our list below so you are familiar with the most common language and avoid getting caught out when visiting the best Colorado gambling sites.
- Expiration Dates: All bonuses and promos come with an expiry date, eg seven days. After the expiry date has passed you won’t be able to access the perks, so be sure to note it down and use any bonus credit in time.
- Promo code: Your promo code is a string of characters that will unlock your welcome bonus when inputted. It’s good to note that no promo code exists for PointsBet CO.
- Wagering requirements: Your wagering requirements are among the most common terms in any online betting. The number next to the ‘x’ (eg 20x) represents the number of times you must bet your bonus amount before accessing any real withdrawable cash.
- Minimum Deposit: This is the smallest financial amount you can contribute and still have full access to your welcome bonus.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when Redeeming Your PointsBet Bonus
If you’re new to Colorado sports betting, it’s important to note there are some common pitfalls that many bettors stumble upon while claiming a bonus. Read our advice below to avoid making the same mistakes when claiming your next welcome offer.
- Not meeting the wagering requirements
As mentioned already, knowing and meeting your rollover requirements is critical. Ensure you have hit the necessary target for cash withdrawal within your time limit, or else you will lose all your progress and be unable to claim the bonus you worked hard for.
- Not reading your terms and conditions
Spend significant time studying your terms and conditions. Being a savvy bettor will improve your overall gambling experience and help to keep you safe while betting.
- Not checking which odds and bet types your bonus is eligible for
Be cautious and ensure your bonus is compatible with the bets you want to make – and can afford – before making any. Some sports markets may not be valid, so always read the fine print first.
PointsBet CO Sign-Up Process (9/10)
Registering for PointsBet Colorado is simple, just follow our instructions below.
1. Complete your registration
You can start your sign-up process by following any link on this page to visit the homepage for PointsBet. Once you’re there, simply hit the ‘Register’ button.
2. Enter your promo code
Ordinarily, you might expect to be prompted for an access code here but, as mentioned earlier, there is no active code for PointsBet CO. Simply move on to the next step.
3. Fund your account
Visit the cashier area of PointsBet CO to make your first cash deposit. Select your chosen payment method and deposit the amount you wish to spend.
4. Place your wagers
After funding your account, fully registering, and verifying your status, head to PointsBet’s extensive array of markets and select your first wager.
5. Make a withdrawal
If you win your bet, return to the cashier section to make your withdrawal. Remember that times will vary based on your betting site and the payment method.
How PointsBet Colorado Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
PointsBet CO currently doesn’t have a welcome bonus, so it’s clear it’s falling behind many other of the top Colorado online sportsbooks. We expect the operator to update its offers and promos section soon, and will update the table below when that happens.
|Sports Bonus||N/A currently||Bet $100, Get $100||Up to $1,111|
|Sports Wagering||N/A currently||5x||1x|
|Min Deposit||N/A currently||$100||$10|
PointsBet Review (8/10)
- Website: co.pointsbet.com
- Payout time: 1-2 days
- Established: 2020
- Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
PointsBet Colorado has been welcoming players since May 2020. It was among the first online sportsbooks to launch in the Centennial State. At first, it partnered with the University of Colorado. It was one of only a few sportsbooks to have a college as its partner. However, in March 2023, the partnership ended midway through its five-year contract.
This PointsBet CO review gives you a summary of what the sportsbook has to offer. Overall, it’s a great choice bettors in Colorado thanks to its range of sports markets and bet types offered. However, it is falling behind the competition right now as there is no welcome bonus for new customers.
Pros & Cons
- Good loyalty points scheme
- Great responsible gambling section
- Apps for iOS and Android devices
- Plenty of betting markets
- Same game parlays available
- No welcome offer currently
- Betting options in a dropdown menu
PointsBet CO Rankings by Category
- OVERALL RATING: 8/10
- Bonuses: N/A
- Design and Usability: 9/10
- Desktop Experience: 8/10
- Mobile Experience: 9/10
- Registration Process: 9/10
- Account Verification: 10/10
- Payment Methods: 7/10
- Sportsbook: 9/10
- Customer Support: 7/10
- Responsible Gambling: 10/10
PointsBet Sportsbook CO (9/10)
In this section of our PointsBet CO review, we’ll examine the betting markets, bet types, and any special betting features on offer.
At nearly 20 betting markets, PointsBet CO’s sportsbook section is pretty good and comparable to its competitors, like DraftKings and FanDuel. Whatever your preferences, you won’t struggle to find things to bet on here. Below is a full list of the sportsbook’s markets:
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Table Tennis
PointsBet CO lets you place many different types of bets, like the ones listed below:
- Moneylines: At PointsBet CO, moneylines cover major sporting events as well as smaller markets. With these bets, all you’re doing is predicting the outcome.
- Point Spreads: With point spreads, the event’s outcome is still important but the betting works differently. The reason is that you’re betting on the margin of victory. This is the difference in points between the winner and the loser.
- Totals: PointsBet CO predicts the total number of points scored. This is both teams’ scores added together. You’re betting on whether the actual total is greater or smaller than this.
- Parlays: One of the most popular bet types, parlays contain multiple bets (legs). For your bet to pay out, each leg has to win its own event. The more legs there are the bigger the potential winnings.
- Same Game Parlays: PointsBet Colorado lets you build parlays using multiple legs from the same event.
- Player Props: These aren’t like most other bets because they’re not about the outcome. Instead, they focus on how a particular player performs. They’re to do with individual stats and figures.
- Team Props: You predict how well a team performs for these bets. Again, the outcome doesn’t matter.
- Multipliers: PointsBet CO is the only sportsbook to offer multiplier markets, where you can wager on the total of two statistics multiplied together. For example, rushing yards multiplied by passing yards in a Denver Broncos game.
- Futures: These are bets for events that are quite far away. They cover matches, races, and tournaments many months or even over a year away.
Like other online sportsbooks, PointsBet Colorado has some special features. These are designed to enhance your betting experience and make certain bets more rewarding. Carry on reading to learn more about these features.
- Live Betting: Place bets on events as they’re taking place. This is much more exciting, thrilling, and unpredictable than placing your bets in advance. You never know what might happen on the day. PointsBet CO adjusts the odds as the event gets underway to reflect what’s happening. This could result in certain bets having very favorable odds. Live streaming is also available for select events.
- Same Game Parlay Combos: You can combine SGPs, regular parlays, and single bets into one big parlay bet.
- Cash Out: This feature lets you close a bet before an event finishes.
- Points Betting: A feature unique to PointsBet, where the score determines your payout for this type of betting. If you back the winner, the more points they win the more winnings you’ll earn. Likewise, if you back the loser, the more points they lose then the more money you’ll lose.
PointsBet Casino CO (N/A)
There isn’t a PointsBet online casino CO because online casino gaming is illegal in Colorado. In other states where casino gaming is regulated, PointsBet offers a casino product. So, if Colorado’s gambling laws change in the future, we would expect PointsBet to launch a casino in the state.
PointsBet Poker CO (N/A)
Since online casino games aren’t legal in Colorado, PointsBet CO doesn’t offer poker. Some poker games may be available if a PointsBet online casino CO launches.
PointsBet CO Payment Methods (7/10)
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Online Banking by Trustly||$5||$5||1-2 days|
PointsBet CO Design and User Interface (9/10)
PointsBet CO’s betting platform is accessible and user-friendly, so most people shouldn’t have any issues using the sportsbook. The brand uses a black, red, and white color scheme and has shots of various athletes throughout. It certainly looks the part, but how does the experience on desktop compare to mobile?
Desktop Experience (8/10)
The desktop website has a similar layout to most other online sportsbooks. However, there’s a key difference. This is because there’s no betting market list on the left side of the screen. Instead, there’s a hamburger menu icon to click. If you click this, the full menu of betting markets becomes visible.
The advantage of this is that it de-clutters the interface. However, the disadvantage is that you must click to access the betting section. Many would prefer just having it there already.
App & Mobile Experience (9/10)
If you want to access PointsBet CO on your phone or tablet, there are two options. You can visit the mobile site through your web browser or download the PointsBet CO app. Both options are worth considering.
However, downloading the PointsBet CO app is recommended because the app offers a smoother, more convenient mobile sports betting experience. It lets you access the platform quickly and is more responsive, and is highly rated by those who use it.
PointsBet CO Account Verification (10/10)
Like all online sportsbooks, PointsBet requires all players to complete verification before they can bet. Usually, the details you provide during registration should be enough. If not, you may need to supply copies of ID documents such as your passport or driver’s license. It can take the operator up to 48 hours to verify your documents and confirm you are legally able to bet.
Before accessing PointsBet Colorado, your device must have its geolocation feature on. This is so PointsBet can confirm you’re in Colorado and not trying to illegally access the sportsbook.
PointsBet CO Customer Support (7/10)
If you need help with anything, head to the FAQs section. Here you’ll find loads of common questions and their answers, which cover just about everything to do with using the PointsBet betting platform.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to the sportsbook’s customer support team. You can do this by using live chat or sending an email. It’s not clear whether customer support is available 24/7 or not, however, we did get prompt replies at most hours during our tests.
PointsBet CO Responsible Gambling (10/10)
Like other leading online sportsbooks, PointsBet takes responsible gambling seriously. A page on responsible gambling offers help, resources, and advice for anyone who thinks they might have a problem. The page splits everything into 11 drop-down menus to make it more organized and easy to find what you need.
There’s a wealth of information covering every aspect of gambling issues. Some resources include account limits, cooling off periods, self-exclusion, links to gambling addiction charities, and links to software-blocking tools.
PointsBet CO – Our Verdict (8/10)
PointsBet is a solid option for people in Colorado who want to place wagers on sports. It has many markets to bet on and great betting options such as same game parlays and its unique PointsBetting feature.
The rewards program is decent, though it would be good to see a proper loyalty scheme with levels and more rewards, such as real-life perks. There is also no welcome offer currently, which is where it really falls behind the competition.
Having said that, this betting site is still worth joining. While there are some areas to improve, the sportsbook has much to offer and caters to the majority of sports betting fans.
To join the sportsbook, simply follow any of the links on this page to be taken to PointsBet CO, and start betting on your favorite sports today.