PointsBet Indiana is one of a growing number of online sportsbooks in the Hoosier State, but how does it compare to the competition? Keep reading for an extensive review of PointsBet IN, covering everything from the current welcome bonus to the sports you can bet on today.
Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links, at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
PointsBet IN Loyalty Program
Everyone who joins this online sportsbook can take advantage of the loyalty program PointsBet Rewards. With this, you earn Rewards Points for placing wagers with real money. The rate is $5 on fixed odds bets for one point or $1 on parlays for one point. You can exchange points for bonus bets once you’ve earned enough points. This rate is 250 points for $2.50 of bonus bets, 500 for $5, and so on.
How to Redeem your PointsBet IN Welcome Bonus
- Register for an account at PointsBet IN.
- Head to the cashier area of your account.
- Make a deposit to add funds.
- Place a sports bet on your chosen market (must be $50 to qualify for the bonus).
- You will now get $150 in promo credit to spend on a jersey at Fanatics.com.
PointsBet Indiana Welcome Bonus Types Explained
The next section covers the welcome bonus that PointsBet IN offers. As explained below, it allows you to earn some bonus bets.
PointsBet Indiana Sportsbook Bonus 1: Bet $50 + Get an Official Jersey
- Bonus amount: $150 (promo credit to spend at at Fanatics.com)
- Bonus code: N/A
- Rollover: N/A
- Min deposit: $50
- Bonus expiry: September 18, 2023
New customers who open a PointsBet IN Sportsbook account and place a single $50+ cash bet can get $150 in promotional credit to get an official jersey or other merch from Fanatics.com. There are a couple of terms to be aware of: it must be your first wager after opening your account and needs to be on a market with odds of -500 or longer.
Although this isn’t the most generous welcome offer we’ve seen in our time, it’s definitely a unique, exciting one and it’s great to see it being offered in Indiana (not all states have access to this offer). You’ll have to snap it up soon, though, as it won’t be available after September 18, 2023.
PointsBet IN Bonus Site Credit
Only the PointsBet loyalty program offers bonus site credit in exchange for your loyalty at the sportsbook. You can use this bonus credit to place bets, though you can’t withdraw the stake, merely any profit you win from bets placed.
PointsBet IN No Deposit Bonus
You won’t find any PointsBet no deposit bonuses. These are special promotions where you can earn a reward without depositing. Most of the time, they’re for new players. However, some sites offer them for existing players too. We’ll update this section if there’s ever a PointsBet no deposit bonus for you to claim. If there’s a PointsBet bonus code IN you need to enter, we’ll share it here too.
PointsBet IN Promo Code and Bonus Terms and Conditions
It’s important to understand all terms and conditions before entering any binding contracts with Indiana online gambling sites. We have included a short list of frequently spotted terms, so you can get to grips with what they mean – and avoid getting caught out.
- Minimum Deposit: The lowest amount you can deposit that still results in full access to your bonus offer.
- Wagering requirements: Also known as playthrough or rollover requirements, these requirements dictate how many times you must wager your bonus amount before you can withdraw. Eg, a $100 bonus with a 5x wagering requirement would require you to bet $500 before you could withdraw the bonus funds ($100 x 5 = $500).
- Promo Code: Your promo code is a collection of characters that will grant you access to a promotional offer. There is currently no promo code needed for PointsBet IN.
- Expiration Dates: Like your favorite foods, your bonuses will come with a use-by date. Our experts recommend noting these limitations to ensure you use all your perks before they are lost.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when Redeeming your PointsBet IN bonus
Often when trying to claim a welcome bonus, we find that bettors make some common mistakes that affect their ability to claim the potentially lucrative values. Read below for our guide to some typical pitfalls you’ll come across trying to redeem your PointsBet IN bonus.
- Not reading your terms and conditions:
Always read your terms and conditions. These terms are an official legal agreement between you and your chosen sportsbook, so it’s vital you understand them before you accept. Each bonus comes with unique T&Cs so it’s worth reading them all before you claim your bonus.
- Not making sure your payment method is valid:
If your preferred payment method is prohibited, you may be unable to access your bonus. For example, PointsBet does not currently accept Zelle or Skrill.
- Not checking the terms of any bonus bets:
It is essential to fully grasp what your bonus means. For example, if you receive a $50 bonus bet from your sportsbook and then win $75, you might find that only the additional $25 will belong to you as the bonus bet amount gets deducted from any prizes.
PointsBet IN Sign-Up Process (8/10)
Signing up for a betting site in the Hoosier State is fast and easy. However, if you’re looking for direct instructions, you have come to the right place.
1. Complete your registration
Begin the registration process by following any of our included links to the PointsBet Indiana homepage, signing up, and waiting for your account to be verified.
2. Enter your promo code
At this stage, you may be expecting to input a promo code but for PointsBet IN no code is needed, so you can skip this step.
3. Fund your account
Enter into the cashier area of PointsBet Indiana, and select your chosen payment method. Once you have made your first deposit, your bonus should be ready.
4. Place your wagers
With your new account ready, there is only one thing left to do: start placing your wagers. You can choose from the wide selection of sports markets and find a bet that suits you.
5. Make your first withdrawal
If your first bet is a success, congratulations. Return to the cashier section to make a withdrawal.
How PointsBet Indiana Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
The table below compares the PointsBet Indiana welcome bonus with other Indiana sportsbooks so you can quickly see how it stacks up against the competition.
|Sports Bonus||Bet $50 + get an official jersey||Up to $1,250 in second chance bets||Bet $100, get $100 in bonus bets|
PointsBet Indiana Sportsbook Review (8/10)
- Website: in.pointsbet.com
- Payout time: 1-2 days
- Established: 2020
- Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia
PointsBet Indiana launched in March 2020 and has been accepting bets ever since. As part of its deal to launch in the Hoosier State, it partnered with Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg and the company that runs the casino, Penn National. It also partnered with the Indiana Pacers, the state’s top professional basketball team.
In this PointsBet IN review, we’ll cover everything the sportsbook offers. When you compare it with other Indiana betting sites, it ranks high because of its sports betting opportunities and unique promotional offers.
Pros & Cons
- Lucrative loyalty program with bonus bets
- Great number of betting markets
- Excellent responsible gambling page
- Offers SGPs and its unique PointsBetting feature
- Not the most generous welcome offer we’ve seen
PointsBet IN Rankings by Category
- OVERALL RATING: 8/10
- Bonuses: 6/10
- Design and Usability: 9/10
- Desktop Experience: 8/10
- Mobile Experience: 9/10
- Registration Process: 9/10
- Account Verification: 10/10
- Payment Methods: 7/10
- Sportsbook: 9/10
- Customer Support: 7/10
- Responsible Gambling: 10/10
PointsBet Sportsbook IN (9/10)
This part of the PointsBet IN review looks at the sportsbook and what it offers. The three sections below cover the betting markets, the types of bets you can place, and the extra betting features.
PointsBet IN has a good number and variety of betting markets, which cover all the biggest, most popular sporting events and many smaller ones. Below is a full list of sports you can bet on with PointsBet sportsbook IN:
- Table Tennis
One of the best aspects of PointsBet IN is the many different bets you can place. PointsBet offers all the most common bet types alongside some unique markets you won’t find anywhere else, like Multipliers and its innovative PointsBetting feature. Below are descriptions of some of the bet types the sportsbook offers.
- Moneylines: These are simple bets where you’re backing a winner. PointsBet IN has moneylines available for many top sporting events worldwide.
- Point Spreads: For these bets, the outcome still matters though the bets work differently. They’re more about the difference in points between the winner and the loser – you bet on the margin of victory.
- Totals: For these, you’re betting whether the total number of points is greater or less than PointsBet IN’s prediction.
- Parlays: For these, you choose two or more individual bets, or ‘legs’, and combine them into a single bet. To win, each leg has to win its respective event.
- Same Game Parlays: At PointsBet Indiana, you can build parlays with legs from the same event.
- Player Props: A bet on the performance and statistics of a particular player.
- Team Props: These are similar to player props except that they focus on a whole team’s performance.
- Futures: Most bets are for events happening on the day or in the next few days. Futures are to do with events that are many months away. Sometimes, you can even bet on matches, races, or tournaments over a year off.
PointsBet IN has some extra features available. These can enhance the betting experience and make placing bets more exciting and rewarding.
- Live Betting: PointsBet IN lets you bet on certain events once they’ve begun. The advantage of this is that the odds don’t stay the same and change to reflect what’s going on. Many players prefer betting live to betting pre-match because it’s more unpredictable and can be more lucrative. There’s also live streaming for certain events. With this, you can watch a real-time broadcast of the event through your PointsBet IN account.
- Cash Out: With this, you can close a bet before it settles and earn more potential winnings. We recommend taking advantage of this if you’re certain your bet will lose.
- Multipliers: PointsBet is the only sportsbook in Indiana offering multiplier markets, where you bet on the total of two statistics in a game multiplied together.
- SGP Combos: PointsBet lets you combine same-game parlays, regular parlays, and single bets into one parlay.
- Points Betting: PointsBet Sportsbook IN offers Points Betting, where the points affect your payout. When you back a winner, the more points they win by, the bigger your payout. If you back a loser, the more points they lose, the more money you’ll lose on the bet.
PointsBet Casino IN (N/A)
You won’t find a PointsBet online casino IN. This is because Indiana hasn’t legalized online casinos yet. If the state ever changes its stance on online casino gambling, PointsBet casino IN could come online. We’ll let you know if this ever happens.
PointsBet Poker IN (N/A)
As we’ve already mentioned, online casinos are not regulated yet in the state of Indiana, which means online poker is also not available at PointsBet. We’ll update this section if online gambling becomes legal and the site starts offering poker.
PointsBet IN Payment Methods (7/10)
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Online Banking by Trustly||$5||$5||1-2 days|
PointsBet IN Design and User Interface (9/10)
Generally speaking, PointsBet IN is easy enough for players to access and use across all devices. Like other sportsbooks, it’s available on desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. Whatever device you visit PointsBet on, you shouldn’t have any difficulties finding your way around or placing bets. You should find registration quick and easy, and the PointsBet login process is just as convenient.
Desktop Experience (8/10)
PointsBet’s desktop site makes placing bets on your computer and/or laptop easy. Its design and layout are quite straightforward, and navigation is smooth. One thing that stands out is the lack of sports markets on the left. This frees up some space and makes the interface look tidier. However, this comes at the cost of making users click an extra time to open up the drop-down menu to access the markets.
App & Mobile Experience (9/10)
Players who want to access PointsBet IN on their phone or tablet have two choices. They can visit the mobile site through their web browser or download the PointsBet IN app.
The PointsBet IN app is among the highest-rated sportsbook apps on the iOS App Store and Google Play Store, rated 4.8/5 and 4.4/5 respectively by bettors. We found the app to be responsive, well-designed, and functional, and our review team was highly impressed with its performance.
Of the two, the app is probably the better choice. This is because it’s more convenient and user-friendly. Plus, it gives you quicker access to the betting facilities than the mobile site. Having said that, the mobile site is still a good option for placing sports bets on the go. It has the advantage of not requiring any downloads, unlike the PointsBet IN app.
PointsBet IN Account Verification (10/10)
All players have to complete the sportsbook’s verification process. This is so the operator knows who you are and can confirm you’re not underage. The details you provide during registration should be enough to pass verification. If PointsBet IN still can’t verify your identity, you may need to provide copies of ID documents.
You need to be in Indiana to access PointsBet IN. Before you start the PointsBet IN login process, make sure your device’s geolocation feature is on. This is so the site can confirm you’re within Indiana’s borders and not trying to gamble from somewhere illegal.
PointsBet IN Customer Support (7/10)
There’s an FAQ section that you should visit if you have a question or need help with something. Here, you should find the answer or information you’re after. If not, contact the site’s customer support team.
There are two ways of doing this: live chat and email. There’s no PointsBet phone number IN you can call, which our team found to be a slight drawback. Live chat is the quickest and most convenient of the two contact methods and our team found the support to be friendly and efficient. PointsBet doesn’t say whether customer support is available round-the-clock or not.
PointsBet IN Responsible Gambling (10/10)
PointsBet IN’s page on responsible gambling has a lot of information and resources. Instead of displaying everything simultaneously, it arranges the different sections into nearly a dozen drop-down menus. This makes it easier and quicker for people to find what they’re looking for, which is great, and something we’d like to see more sportsbooks doing.
In terms of the content, it covers all aspects of gambling addiction, plus there are various links to gambling addiction organizations. You’ll also find information about the limits and account blocks PointsBet Indiana offers, such as self-exclusion and time limits.
PointsBet IN – Our Verdict (8/10)
PointsBet’s Indiana sportsbook has a lot going for it. There’s a good number of betting options, features, and bets. Many sports betting fans will no doubt enjoy placing same game parlays and taking advantage of its unique PointsBetting feature.
While the sportsbook ticks lots of boxes, its welcome bonus isn’t the most lucrative offer we’ve seen for new bettors in Indiana, However, its loyalty program more than makes up for it thanks to its various rewards, bet credits, and prizes. Although it doesn’t offer as much as its competitors, BetMGM and Caesars, who offer real-life rewards like hotel stays and meals, there’s plenty to keep its customers happy.
The sportsbook is a great choice for anyone in the Hoosier State who wants to place wagers on top sporting events. To become the site’s newest member, sign up and register for an account today, and start placing bets on your favorite sports with PointsBet.