In this review, we’ll detail everything there is to know about FanDuel Maryland. Since legalizing online sportsbooks in the Free State in May 2021, FanDuel quickly gained popularity in Maryland and has built a solid and dedicated daily user base. Continue reading to brush up on all your sportsbook knowledge, including our full review of the FanDuel MD desktop, mobile, and app versions. Also, we will outline all the information you need regarding your FanDuel MD welcome bonus.
Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and be located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
FanDuel MD Loyalty Program
Showing continued loyalty to FanDuel will earn you what’s known as FanDuel Points (FDP). You make 5 FDP for every $1 you spend to enter a paid contest. The more FDP you have, your rank increases, unlocking access to exciting rewards and perks such as premium customer support and even a personal account manager.
Even at the lowest tier, the “Free Agent” level, you still get access to $250 monthly free play, which our team finds very generous, especially for only 50 FDP. This could be the most generous loyalty scheme available in the Old Line State. Take BetMGM as a comparison, which only offers premium customer support after you’ve earned a massive 75,000 Tier Credits.
How to redeem your FanDuel MD Welcome Bonus
- Follow any link to FanDuel to sign up for your new account.
- Currently, no promo code is necessary for FanDuel MD.
- Make your first cash deposit to start placing your bets.
- If your bet is a winner, head to the cashier to withdraw.
- If your first bet is unsuccessful, you’ll receive the value of your stake in bonus bets.
FanDuel Maryland Welcome Bonus Types Explained
FanDuel’s welcome promotions are generous, so let us help you decide which is the right one for you. We will dive a little deeper into these welcome offers, including some of the fine print, like your wagering requirements. This way, you can make the most informed decision about your FanDuel MD Bonus.
FanDuel Maryland Sportsbook/Betting Bonus: $1,000 Second Chance Bet
- Bonus Amount: $1,000 Second Chance Bet
- Bonus Code: N/A
- Rollover: N/A
- Min Deposit: $10
- Bonus Expiry: 14 days
FanDuel’s welcome offer has been popular with users for a long time, and we can see why. After your first qualifying wager, FanDuel will offer you the value of your stake in bonus bets up to $1,000 should your first bet fail. If your bet is successful, you’ll receive your profit but no bonus bets.
Second-chance offers are widespread, and different sportsbooks offer a range of values. FanDuel’s offer is one of the highest at $1,000, but Caesars provides a slightly higher bonus amount, up to $1,250. While there are better welcome bonuses on the market, FanDuel’s is undoubtedly a solid promotion and should satisfy plenty of bettors. However, we’d like to see an offer for bettors whose first bet is successful, like WynnBET’s Bet $100, Get $100 offer, which is accessible regardless of the outcome of your first wager.
FanDuel MD No Deposit Bonus
The sportsbook offers a friend referral scheme as a FanDuel MD no deposit bonus. To access your unique link, visit the promotions tab on the site. Once your friend opens a FanDuel account using your link and places a bet valued at $10 or more, you will receive an automatic $50 bonus without making any deposit of your own.
FanDuel MD Promo Code & Bonus Terms and Conditions
We know how important it is for bettors to understand their terms and conditions. People easily forget that these terms are legally binding between you and your sportsbook. No more mindless clicking of the ‘agree’ button without reading what it is you’re actually signing. Make sure you familiarize yourself with some of these standard terms and conditions listed below.
- Expiration Date: FanDuel Maryland attaches time expirations to their bonus offers. Note your time limit, as all your progress expires unless you meet your requirements before this date.
- Minimum Deposit: Your minimum deposit is the lowest amount of money you can contribute and still unlock your bonus. It’s worth noting that for FanDuel, the minimum deposit amount is $10.
- Wagering Requirements: Your wagering requirement will be a number followed by an “x,” e.g. 20x. It represents the number of times you must wager your bonus amount before it becomes real cash. If your bonus is $50 with a 20x playthrough requirement, you must spend $1000 before you can withdraw.
- Promo Code: Your Promo Code is a long string of characters for unlocking your bonus. Use these, if prompted, the same way you would a password to redeem your promotion.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when Redeeming Your FanDuel MD Bonus
Making mistakes is going to happen, and that’s okay. However, we’ve seen too many bettors make these avoidable errors. To help you stay alert, we’ve listed the most frequently seen betting mistakes below.
- Not reading through your Terms and Conditions: As mentioned, your T&Cs are essential in staying ahead of the game during your wagering. All the answers you could need are in the small print, so studying is helpful here.
- Not checking if your payment method is accepted: It’s also a good idea to double-check that your preferred payment method is accepted with FanDuel before activating any bonuses. For example, for all its perks, FanDuel MD, unfortunately, doesn’t accept the popular e-Wallet option, Zelle.
- Not checking your minimum odds: Ensure you only make bets with odds compatible with your bonus. Most sportsbooks apply minimum odds to bonus bets; for example, you must place a wager with odds of at least -300 for your bonus to be accessible.
FanDuel MD Sign-Up Process (9/10)
Since the legalization of Maryland sports betting, bettors have rushed to join MD sportsbooks. Luckily, signing up is easy and can be completed quickly. Follow our simple guide to registering at FanDuel MD below.
1. Complete your registration
Hit any highlighted link on this review, and you’ll land at the homepage for FanDuel Maryland. To sign up for your account, simply enter a few personal details, including your name, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
2. Enter your promo code
You may expect to input your promo code at this stage, but as mentioned, no code is currently necessary to access your FanDuel MD bonus.
3. Fund your account
Once your account is set up you need to visit FanDuel’s Cashier Area and make your first deposit. Remember that the minimum deposit is $10 here.
4. Place your first wagers
Placing wagers with FanDuel MD couldn’t be any simpler. Make your way to any impressive market of your choosing, from NHL to Soccer, there’s something for every sports fan here.
5. Make your first withdrawal
Suppose your first bet won. Congratulations! Return to the cashier section, where you added the initial deposit, to make your exciting first withdrawal. Remember that withdrawal times are dependent on both your payment method and sportsbook.
How FanDuel Maryland’s Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
With every sportsbook competing over who has the best value promotions, choosing what’s right for you can be overwhelming. Let’s look at how FanDuel Maryland holds up compared to their direct competitors.
|Sports bonus||Up to $1,000 in second-chance bets||Get $150 in bonus bets||Up to $1250 plus 1,000 Reward and 1,000 Tier Credits|
FanDuel MD Review (10/10)
- Website: fanduel.com/sportsbook-md
- Payout time: 48 hours
- Established: 2009
- Headquarters: New York City, NY
After Maryland legalized sports betting, November 23, 2022, it took little time for FanDuel to settle into its new Maryland home, launching the sportsbook on the very same day. This fast-paced dedication continues to make FanDuel stand out from the pack.
When standing alongside other competitors in the Free State, we find FanDuel Maryland’s sportsbook the most efficient and easy to use. They partnered with Live! Casino and Hotel to obtain their Maryland gambling license and offer a retail sportsbook in this location, featuring 40 HDTVs and a fully-serviced bar.
Pros & Cons:
- Highest-reviewed sportsbook app in the US.
- Wide range of betting markets.
- Offers a unique cable channel, FanDuel TV.
- Offers pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering on horse racing.
- Occasionally slow customer support response time.
- Bonus isn’t available to all players.
FanDuel MD Rankings by Category
- Overall Rating: 9.5/10
- Bonuses: 8/10
- Design and Usability: 9/10
- Desktop Experience: 9/10
- Mobile Experience: 10/10
- Registration Process: 9/10
- Account Verification: 8/10
- Payment Methods: 8/10
- Sportsbook: 9/10
- Customer Support: 8/10
- Responsible Gambling: 9/10
FanDuel Sportsbook MD (9/10)
Our review team believes that FanDuel has everything you need from a sportsbook. The expansive markets were a highlight for us, offering both American and worldwide sports for wagering which keeps things interesting for any betting enthusiast. Regardless of your experience, FanDuel is user-friendly and has enough options that you can find a wager that will suit you no matter who you are.
As one of the sportsbooks that dominates the market, it’s no surprise that the FanDuel Maryland market selection is expansive and should keep you satisfied. With 17 sports, its selection is comparable to its competitors, like DraftKings, which offers 18 sports for wagering. Also, FanDuel offers access to its racebook, formerly known as TVG, for pari-mutuel wagering. Below is a complete list of every sport you can wager on at FanDuel.
- Aussie Rules
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League and Union
- Horse Racing (On the FanDuel MD Racebook)
FanDuel has a lot of unique offerings for its users, which strongly reflects in its selection of bet types. To brush up on your knowledge, browse this list of bet types and their definitions.
- Point Spread: A point spread wager simply means guessing the margin of victory in an event, e.g. by how much a particular team will win or lose. Your sportsbook sets one group as the favorite and the other as the underdog then places a line that subtracts from the favorite’s points total to level the playing field.
- Moneyline: This is the most straightforward bet to understand. Placing a moneyline wager means predicting the outright winner of an event.
- Totals: This bet type is self-explanatory. Your total bet will be your prediction of both teams’ combined ending scores. For example, you could bet on a game between Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns to have more than 30.5 points.
- Parlays: A parlay involves placing multiple bets on the same sports event. However, every individual bet must be successful for your overall parlay to win.
- Teasers: A teaser is a type of Parlay. However, during a teaser bet, you can adjust the point spread yourself, giving you a slightly better chance of winning. Expect a lower payout if you win, though. Your sportsbook will deduct from your prize due to the more straightforward odds.
- Futures: As the name suggests, futures wagers allow you to bet on an event far into the future. Do you know who will win the Super Bowl months before it begins? You can place a futures bet and cement your prediction early.
FanDuel is packed full of unique and enticing betting features. FanDuel, as the name suggests, focuses on bringing the best experience possible for sports fans. Our expert team has crafted this list laying out a few features that are available for you to enjoy:
- In-Play Betting: With FanDuel’s option to bet live, players can watch the action unfold in real time and predict what’ll happen, ensuring you never miss a second of the action.
- Early Cashout: FanDuel MD offers an early cashout feature so players stay in control and have a chance to back out if they are sure a loss is coming.
- FanDuel TV: FanDuel has even created a cable and television network, making it the only sportsbook to have one at the time of writing. The FanDuel TV+ app is free on most common tv platforms, including Apple TV and Roku Devices.
- Racebook: Formerly known as TVG, FanDuel offers horse racing and parimutuel betting integrated with its wallet. You can also watch horse races live on FanDuel Racebook.
FanDuel Casino MD
Currently, no online casino options are available for FanDuel Maryland. If the overall state’s legalization for online casinos changes, it wouldn’t surprise us if FanDuel branched out into more Maryland gambling options in the future, especially as they already have casino games in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and New Jersey.
FanDuel Poker MD
FanDuel MD offers no poker because online casino gaming is illegal in Maryland. If the law changes, we still don’t expect any changes because FanDuel does not have a poker platform, even in legal states.
FanDuel MD Payment Methods (8/10)
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Debit/Credit Card||$10||$25||2-3 days|
|FanDuel prepaid racing card||$10||$25||25 hours|
|Wire transfer||$10||$25||Next day|
FanDuel MD Design and User Interface (9/10)
Far too often, all sportsbooks opt for dark color schemes which are not accessible to anyone with visual impairment. FanDuel keeps it clean and clear, even down to the colored pictures in the sports column. The layout of constantly keeping your bet slip on the right side makes it even easier to remain organized and stay on top of all your wagers.
You even have the option to use the W3C® Web Accessibility Initiative website to customize further your betting experience, including all colors and text sizes. Also, FanDuel’s content supports screen readers. No sportsbook achieves more in the field of accessibility and design than FanDuel.
Desktop Experience (9/10)
Upon entering the FanDuel Maryland desktop site, we were welcomed with one of the most user-friendly sportsbooks we have reviewed. It is easy to see why FanDuel is the number-one-rated sportsbook in the US. A clear white background for your markets makes a refreshing change.
It is much easier to read than its closest competitor, DraftKings, which has a black-and-grey layout that can be tough to see. FanDuel provides an accessible experience for all, and if we were to recommend a site to a beginner bettor, we would choose FanDuel.
App & Mobile Experience (10/10)
The FanDuel app is the highest-rated sportsbook app in the country, and users have very few gripes on the service. Reviews have reported a fast and easy app experience with no lags and only occasional crashes during major sporting events when the traffic is unusually high.
Also, FanDuel offers an additional app for horse racing, continuing to keep the two areas separate, which minimizes confusion and helps prevent things becoming cluttered. However, we really liked that the pari-mutuel advanced deposit wagering on horse racing is integrated with its sportsbook and daily fantasy sports wallet.
Our review team really enjoyed using the FanDuel app, and apart from the few reports of crashing, it took a lot of work to find negative feedback for this one. After all, with an impressive 4.8/5 out of more than a million reviews, what do you expect? A clean, accessible sportsbook that functions very well is precisely what you get with FanDuel.
FanDuel MD Account Verification (8/10)
All sportsbooks in legal sports betting states must verify everybody’s age, location, and legal gambling status. To place a bet on the FanDuel MD sportsbook, you must be at least 21 years old.
FanDuel has a pretty robust verification system. You need to open a betting account with your full name, date of birth, postal and email address, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
You also may be asked to submit a picture of any valid photo license to solidify your verification. Some customer reviews suggest the ID photograph process can be unreliable, with their valid photos being rejected by FanDuel, so be careful here. Once FanDuel has confirmed your age and location, you can bet freely.
FanDuel MD Customer Support (8/10)
We found FanDuel Maryland’s customer support section to be pretty strong, immediately offering live support chat 24/7, an email address with a promised response time of 12-24 hours, or a phone number where you can leave a message stating your problem and a FanDuel representative will call you back to assist you.
Getting an actual call back from a human is something FanDuel users have praised, especially compared to competitor DraftKings, who only have an email response system.
Also, the FanDuel FAQs section is one of the strongest we have come across. The search function is excellent, and they have detailed answers to enough questions to satisfy any troubleshooting query.
FanDuel MD Responsible Gambling (9/10)
FanDuel Maryland seems to take responsible gambling very seriously, which pleased our review team, as a sportsbook must keep its users as safe as possible. Under the tab “Responsible Gaming,” you can access a whole range of support including, but not limited to, deposit limits, spend limits, and time limits.
A short video from responsible gambling spokesperson and former betting addict, Craig Carton, offers some strong and helpful advice, including “Never borrow money to gamble.” Alternatively, you can apply for self-exclusion, which deactivates your account and limits access. FanDuel also provides links and resources to third-party organizations that offer help and assistance with problem gambling.
FanDuel MD – Our Verdict (9.5/10)
In conclusion, our team has many positive things to say about FanDuel Maryland. This could be an excellent choice for a sportsbook with good promotions, a clear layout, and ever-updating changes.
FanDuel is going from strength to strength, reporting 12 million users, blowing the nearest competitor DraftKings out of the water, who have said they have 1 million. It excels in several areas, like its responsible gambling section, its expansive markets, robust native apps for iOS and Android, and its integration between its wagering, daily fantasy sports, and pari-mutuel horse racing betting products.
This experienced sportsbook always seems bold in trying new things, too, such as the wildly successful avenue of FanDuel TV and having a dedicated racebook for horse racing, both of which have been highly regarded by users and our team.