In this review, we will dissect BetRivers MI, evaluating all its features and giving you everything you need to decide whether BetRivers is the right MI gambling site for you. We will unpack everything from sports betting markets to bonus terms.
Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and be located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
BetRivers MI Loyalty Program
The BetRivers reward scheme is called iRush Rewards and offers you the chance to claim exciting perks and prizes for your continued loyalty to BetRivers. There are ten tiers, plus the ultra-exclusive Elite Tier, which is only accessible via an invite from BetRivers.
The more you play, the higher in the tiers your progress. Access to the Bonus Store slowly increases to expedited withdrawals at level 7 and even an exclusive VIP Manager at level 9. If you’re lucky enough to be invited to the Elite tier, expect everything from luxury trips to free Apple or Android devices for playing.
How to redeem your BetRivers MI Welcome Bonus
- Register for your account by entering your details.
- Enter your BetRivers promo code when prompted.
- Choose your very first wager in the BetRivers market and place your bet.
- If your first bet wins, you’ll walk away with your stake and profits. However, you’ll get bonus bets up to $500 if your first bet loses.
BetRivers Michigan Welcome Bonus Types Explained
Our review team has explored everything that BetRivers offers in the Great Lake State, including its excellent welcome bonuses. Familiarize yourself with them and decide which bonus is the best for you.
BetRivers Michigan Sportsbook/Betting Bonus: 2nd Chance Bet Up To $500
- Bonus amount: Up to $500
- Bonus code: SPORTS
- Rollover: N/A
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: 30 days after signing up
The BetRivers Sportsbook bonus is quite generous despite appearing as a standard bonus bet offer on the surface, giving you a $500 second chance bet. Regarding 2nd chance bets, it’s always good to remember that if you win with your bonus bet credits, you won’t get the value of these back. You’ll only receive your profits.
When compared to other popular US sportsbooks like FanDuel, you have 21 days longer to use your bonus, eliminating some of the additional stress of redeeming your offer. While the playthrough requirement and bonus value are good compared to its competitors, in the future, we would like to see a bonus that everybody can access, regardless of the result of your first wager.
BetRivers Michigan Casino Bonus: Up to $500 Bonus Money On your First Deposit
- Bonus amount: Up To $500
- Bonus code: CASINOBACK
- Rollover: 1X
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: 30 days
The BetRivers casino welcome bonus is one of the most generous in the Great Lake State, with the bonus giving you a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $500. When you use your bonus funds, you only need to complete 1x wagering requirements. Even the companies that dominate the market, like DraftKings and BetMGM, cannot match how generous these terms are. Once again, a 30-day expiration window also feels fairer than other competitors and gives you a fighting chance of entirely using all your perks.
BetRivers MI Bonus Spins/Site Credit etc
Underneath the promotions tab at BetRivers MI, you will find many different offers, including the Happy Hour Slots every day from 5pm to 9pm, allowing you to receive double loyalty points for use in the Bonus Store. Alternatively, you can play the iRush exclusive mini-game, RushRace, a daily slot tournament offering prizes like bonus spins, bingo credits, and more.
BetRivers Michigan No Deposit Bonus
BetRivers does not appear to have any no-deposit bonuses at the time of writing. However, we will update this review accordingly if that changes.
BetRivers MI Promo Code and Bonus Terms and Conditions
When placing any wagers online, familiarizing yourself with the terms and conditions is one of the smartest moves you can make. The answers to any questions will be hidden within the fine print, so study up. Browse our short list of commonly spotted terms below.
- Promo Code: A promo code is a string of characters that redeem bonuses and promotions. BetRivers has two promotional codes, one for the sportsbook (SPORTS) and one for the casino (CASINOBACK).
- Minimum Deposit: As the name suggests, your minimum deposit is the smallest amount you can financially contribute and still access your bonus. BetRivers MI has a minimum deposit of $10.
- Wagering Requirements: Also known as “Playthrough requirements,” your wagering requirements represent the times you must wager the value of your bonus before it becomes redeemable as real cash. For example, a 20x wagering requirement on a $100 bonus means you must spend $2000 before you can withdraw.
- Expiration Date: As with all sportsbooks, your bonus will have a pre-set time limit. We recommend noting this down if you don’t meet your bonus requirements during this time. All your progress will expire and be permanently lost.
Common Mistakes to Avoid when redeeming your BetRivers MI Bonus
A great way to stay ahead of the game is to be aware of mistakes made by other bettors. Once familiar with some of these common pitfalls, you will be far less likely to fall for them yourself later.
- Read your Terms and Conditions: It bears repeating. Your terms and conditions are vitally important in every part of your wagering. We strongly recommend taking your time reading and digesting them.
- Ensure your payment method is valid: The number of accepted payment methods entirely depends on your sportsbook, so we advise double-checking that your preferred method works for withdrawal before making any bets. For example, BetRivers MI does not accept Zelle or Skrill at the time of writing.
- Check your minimum odds: Ensure you only make bets compatible with your bonus. Wagering on bets where the odds are too low may not contribute towards your bonus wagering requirements.
BetRivers MI Sign-Up Process (8/10)
Signing up for a Michigan gambling site is easy, and you can be up and running in just a few simple steps. Follow our guide below to get started and claim your welcome bonus.
1. Complete your registration
Following any link we have included in our review can redirect you to BetRivers MI. Hit “Register” and enter your details.
2. Enter your Promo Code
When prompted, enter your promo code to unlock your bonus. Remember, for the sports betting welcome bonus, it’s simply SPORTS, and for casino, it’s CASINOBACK. Once entered, you will unlock your promo offer.
3. Fund your account
With your bonus unlocked and your new account all set up, there is only one admin thing left to do. Fund your account in the BetRivers cashier area. Remember, the minimum deposit is $10.
4. Place your first wagers
Browse through BetRivers Michigan’s expansive markets until you find your ideal wager. Offering everything from soccer to MMA, you’re bound to find something you’ll enjoy.
5. Make your withdrawal
If you’re a lucky winner, congratulations. Let’s get you your prize. You can withdraw from the same area where you made your initial deposit. Remember, though, that withdrawal times are varied depending on your chosen payment option.
How BetRivers Michigan Bonus Compares to Other Gambling Sites
In Michigan, you are spoilt for choice with bonuses in the casino and sportsbooks. Let’s compare how the BetRivers MI bonus holds up compared to its closest competitors.
|Casino Bonus||Up to $500 in casino insurance||Up to $1,000 Casino Insurance||Get up to $1250 as a bonus bet if you lose
Plus 1,000 tier credits
|Casino Rollover||1x||N/A||15x (slots), 30x (video poker), 75x (other games)|
|Sports Bonus||Up to $500 Bonus Money on your First Deposit||Second Chance Bets up to $1,000||Up to $1250 plus 1,000 Reward and 1,000 Tier Credits|
BetRivers Michigan Review (8/10)
- Website: https://mi.betrivers.com/
- Payout time: 2-5 Days
- Established: 2012
- Headquarters: Illinois, US
In 2012 successful gaming industry company Rush Sreet Interactive (RSI) launched its first online casino in New Jersey. Since then, this company has gone from strength to strength, gaining a dedicated user base in the states where the platform is available.
Our review team isn’t too surprised at the popularity of BetRivers. After all, the 1x wagering requirement for its casino bonus is one of the best available, which makes Caesars 15x feel very steep by comparison. BetRivers offers a cohesive and simple betting experience, and all the classic casino games are provided, with a game selection of more than 200 games.
Rush Street Interactive owns BetRivers and PlaySugarHouse, so it has spread its success widely. RSI was named the 2020 Global Gaming Awards Digital Operator of the Year, beating out some real industry giants.
Pros & Cons:
- Only 1x wagering requirements on casino bonus
- Wide range of betting markets
- Generous iRush Rewards scheme
- Officially partnered with Detroit Pistons offering special wagers
- Lag on live dealer chat on mobile
- Poor quality customer support
BetRivers Michigan Rankings by Category
- OVERALL RATING: 8/10
- Bonuses: 9/10
- Design and Usability: 8/10
- Desktop Experience: 8/10
- Mobile Experience: 7/10
- Registration Process: 8/10
- Account Verification: 8/10
- Payment Methods: 7.5/10
- Sportsbook: 8.5/10
- Casino: 8/10
- Live Casino: 7/10
- Poker: 9/10
- Customer Support: 6/10
- Responsible Gambling: 9/10
BetRivers Sportsbook Michigan (8.5/10)
Sports betting in Michigan was legalized in 2019, with the first retail sportsbook going live in March 2020, and an extensive online launch in January 2021. Since then, BetRivers has enjoyed massive success across the US, with an online sportsbook available in 12 states at the time of writing.
Since online sports betting in Michigan began, BetRivers has collected $134.4 million in wagers and just under $8 million in revenue, which further cements how trusted and widely enjoyed this sportsbook is.
BetRivers Michigan has a wide array of sports markets to choose from, and you should find something to enjoy, no matter what kind of sports fan you are. Offering 18+ sports on its website, our review team found the selection quite comprehensive. There are some absences, such as sports like lacrosse aren’t available, which you’ll find at competitors like BetMGM. Our experts have compiled a list of all sports you will find at BetRivers MI below.
- Formula 1
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
We understand that bet types can be challenging to grasp, especially for a new bettor. Having so many terms to learn can be overwhelming initially, but don’t worry. Our expert team has listed some common bet types and their definitions below.
- Parlays: To create a parlay, you must combine two or more bets into a single bet slip. For your parlay to win, each separate wager has to come good.
- Futures: If you are someone who trusts their gut instincts, futures could be perfect for you. These bets allow bettors the opportunity to cement their predictions long before actual events happen. For example, guessing who will win the Super Bowl early.
- Moneyline: When placing moneyline wagers, you are betting on the winner of the game.
- Point Spread: With a point spread, you’re betting on a team to win when factoring handicaps and advantages applied by your sportsbook. The favorite must win by a particular number of points, or the underdog must lose within a point margin or win.
- Totals: When you’re placing a total, you predict whether a statistic will be over or under a total set by your sportsbook.
- Player Prop Bets: For these wagers, you are focusing entirely on one athlete’s performance on the team.
- Team Props: These are similar to player props except that they focus on the entire team’s performance.
In such a competitive market, casinos and sportsbooks are fighting to stand out, so BetRivers MI offers some cool betting features to its users. Our review team has dived deep into the features on offer and has compiled this short list of examples for you to read.
- In-Play Betting: BetRivers allows you to place live wagers during certain events. This ensures you will never miss a second of the action and can place bets based on current play.
- iRush Rewards: As previously mentioned, the BetRivers MI loyalty tier scheme is very generous, awarding you exclusive offers, merch drops, and customer service. This area of BetRivers really impressed our review team.
- Early Cashout: Despite most sportsbooks and casinos offering early cashout, it is still a stand-out feature because it is so handy. If you can sense a loss is coming, this gives you a chance to jumbo ship and take the discount.
BetRivers Casino MI (8/10)
Online casinos in Michigan have been available since Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the Lawful Internet Gaming Act in December 2019. It immediately had a popular takeoff, with BetRivers casino being no exception to this rule. The casino is popular amongst users because of its generously low requirements and constantly updating games.
Players enjoy the daily tournament-style games like Happy Hour and Daily Bingo and more lucrative progressive jackpot games like Panda Queen, with prizes regularly reaching more than $90,000.
Upon entering BetRivers MI, our team was immediately pleased with the layout and wide array of games on offer. Over 250 games are available with software by all the known and trusted casino giants SG Gaming, NetEnt, and IGT. While this isn’t as high as the 700 games BetMGM offers, it should still satisfy most players.
Our team particularly enjoyed the new BetRivers exclusive slots game Peaky Blinders. Especially when paired with the specific Peaky Blinders Bet & Get promotional offer that gives you $10 of play after wagering $50.
Live Casino (7/10)
There is no shortage of live dealer games available at BetRivers, with 11 games including all of your classic tabletop favorites like roulette, baccarat, and blackjack, as well as the very popular Texas Hold’Em and three card poker.
With so many online casinos operating in Michigan, BetRivers needs to stand out. That’s why it offers some exceptional features to enhance your betting experience. Check out our guide to the best casino features below.
- Hot Tab: BetRivers MI has a dedicated “Hot” tab, showing which slots pay the highest percentage to other players. You can also visit BetRivers’ “Tourney” tab and play its selection of slot tournaments, with prizes reaching as high as five figures.
- eCOGRA Tested Games: To ensure your safety and the validity of your games BetRivers all casino games have been independently tested by eCOGRA (eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance)
BetRivers Poker MI (N/A)
BetRivers MI currently does not offer any poker games. However, RSI recently purchased the Run It Once Poker. So we expect poker to be offered in the future. We will update this review accordingly in the future, so watch this space.
BetRivers MI Payment Methods (7.5/10)
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Credit or Debit Card||$10||$20||2-5 Days|
|Online Banking||$10||$20||2-5 Days|
|ACH/VIP Preferred e-check||$10||$20||2-5 Days|
|Play+ Card||$10||$20||2-5 Days|
|Cash at Casino Cage||$10||$20||2 hours|
BetRivers MI Design and User Interface (9/10)
BetRivers Michigan is available on both mobile and desktop platforms and is highly regarded by users. Reviews have praised the design of the desktop client, particularly its use of clear colors and fonts, unlike DraftKings, which has a black and grey theme on its desktop.
Read on to learn more about the inner workings and details of BetRivers MI and what impressed our expert team.
Desktop Experience (9/10)
When visiting the BetRivers desktop site, you are greeted with a clear and easy-to-read layout. Next to the useful search function is a list of available games, including “Tourneys”, live dealers, blackjack, and Slingo.
We thought this was a straightforward way to access all of the most popular features, and we were particularly pleased with the “Hot” tab showing you which games are paying out the most to other players. If we had to pick one downside, customer reviews do reveal that the running banner of recent winners across the center of your screen lags a little and has been reported to feel distracting overall rather than beneficial.
App & Mobile Experience (6.5/10)
BetRivers MI does have an app available with nearly 2,000 combined reviews from both the iOS App Store and Google Play Store. BetRivers has been given an average of 3.85/5 from user testimonials. This isn’t a bad score but admittedly pales next to DraftKings’ 4.75/5 with over a million reviews.
Sign-in was quick and easy, and every game we tested ran lag free on the app. However, in app reviews, some players have reported being unable to participate in Tourneys on the app and having much better success with the desktop.
Once our team downloaded and used the app, we found a few minor issues, including lagging in the integrated chat room on live dealer games, essentially making it unusable. So we hope this gets improved in the future.
BetRivers MI Account Verification (8/10)
As with all gambling sites in Michigan, BetRivers enforces strict verification to ensure that everyone on the site has legal betting status. This is one of the main reasons you must provide your social security number; it is a foolproof way for BetRivers MI to verify you.
Be careful with this, though. Multiple failed attempts to verify- whether you or the company are at fault- could earn you a block.
BetRivers MI Customer Support (6/10)
In the BetRivers Help Center, there are multiple options for customer service. The first one tried by our team was the bot-run support chat. Admittedly, This could have been better, and we have yet to receive an answer to our question.
If chatting to bots isn’t your thing, you can email BetRivers. The aim is to get back to everyone within 24 hours. However, the wait could be as long as 72 hours, so there may be better options for more urgent queries. The help center has a phone number (1(800) 635-0776), but reports have shown significant struggle trying to get through.
Compared to other sites like FanDuel, which have been known to answer Twitter inquiries in mere hours, our team was slightly disappointed with the options available on BetRivers.
BetRivers MI Responsible Gambling (9/10)
Nothing is more important than your mental health and safety when using casinos and sportsbooks. If you or someone you know is struggling with gambling, plenty of resources exist to help.
Underneath the responsible gambling tab on BetRivers MI is a pretty solid wall of text which our review team felt could be a little overwhelming, however after diving a little deeper, there are some beneficial resources here, such as the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Gambling Disorder Help-line on 800-270-7117.
There is a dedicated area for the Commitment to Preventing Underage Gambling on the website. Our team appreciated this feature, including the Talking to Children About Gambling brochure. To our delight, this is the first sportsbook we have reviewed that has specific resources for young people giving it extra points from us.
BetRivers MI- Our Verdict (8/10)
Overall, we found many positive features of BetRivers MI. Whilst the number of users and customer reviews may seem low compared to giants like DraftKings and BetMGM, the outcome is a nice simple sportsbook and casino with few frills and a focus on strong gaming.
It is worth mentioning again how substantial the BetRivers MI Bonus is. A 1x wagering requirement is practically unheard of for a casino. Add that to the impressive and constantly changing sportsbook and casino promotions, and it really does help BetRivers stand out. However, there are some significant drawbacks, with the customer support options proving very weak with long response times and a lagging non-functioning live chat.
However, overall BetRivers is a very enjoyable platform with creative games and some unique features. The BetRivers exclusive games like Peaky Blinders were a big hit with our review team, and we’re looking forward to seeing what else this platform will continue to bring in Michigan.