Australian sportsbook PointsBet arrived in New Jersey in January 2019, becoming the first state in which its operator launched. It is known for its innovative PointsBetting feature, where bettors can win more (or lose more) depending on how correct (or incorrect) their predictions are. PointsBet NJ has become a favorite with bettors in the Garden State thanks to its user-friendly desktop and mobile platforms and competitive odds.
Read our PointsBet NJ review to learn our expert’s overview of the sportsbooks desktop and mobile experience, payment methods, registration process, markets, and how to claim a welcome bonus. Look out for any PointsBet NJ promo codes to claim too.
PointsBet NJ Rankings by Category
You can see our expert rankings for PointsBet across a variety of categories below. Overall, our PointsBet NJ review scored the operator 6.8/10.
- Bonuses: 6/10
- Desktop Experience: 8/10
- Mobile Experience: 8/10
- Registration Process: 7/10
- Account Verification: 7/10
- Payment Methods: 7/10
- Sportsbook: 8/10
- Casino: 5/10
- Live Casino: 5/10
- Poker: N/A
- Customer Support: 7/10
- Responsible Gambling: 7/10
PointsBet Bonuses – 7/10
NJ online gambling sites offer bonuses to new players to entice them to register with its platform. It will also commonly offer ongoing promotions to existing players to reward their loyalty. Below is an overview of the PointsBet NJ promos currently offered. Note that there are currently no PointsBet NJ promo codes available.
|Bonus Name||Bonus Type||Bonus Description||Bonus Code||Minimum Deposit||Wagering Requirements|
|Up to $500 in bonus||Deposit Match||Five Second Chance Bets up to $100 Each||N/A||$20||N/A|
PointsBet was founded in Australia in 2017 and made the jump from down under two years later, choosing to launch first in the Garden State. PointsBet is available in 14 states, including NJ. It has made quite an impression on the US gambling industry since its arrival four years ago and was awarded the Top Sports Betting Operator at EGR North America Awards in 2022.
Despite operating in partnership with the Meadowlands Racetrack, it does not yet offer a retail sportsbook in New Jersey, something we’d like to see them provide in the future.
PointsBet Presence in New Jersey
PointsBet has set down roots in the Garden State, opening its first US office in Jersey City after launching there. It obtained its New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) license through a partnership with the Meadowlands Racetrack. It also announced former New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis as a brand ambassador. It has also partnered with several major professional sports leagues, including the NBA & WNBA, and NFL. PointsBet is also the Official Sports Betting Partner of NBC Sports.
PointsBet NJ Desktop Experience 8/10
PointsBet NJ’s desktop client is one of the market’s most straightforward and easy-to-use sites. Its promotions page and the most popular betting markets with NJ players, like NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, can be accessed from a menu bar at the top of the page. Underneath, you’ll find featured markets from the day’s action with a tab for its in-play markets. To the right of the page is a table featuring the upcoming events, which our review team found helpful. We also liked the popup menu bar on the left side of the page, which features a complete list of its available sports for wagering.
One thing we would like to see improved is a more prominent position for its links to customer support, which are at the page’s footer and could be more prominently displayed. Despite this, PointsBet NJ’s desktop site is clean, well-designed, and easy to navigate, and our review team thoroughly enjoyed browsing its markets.
PointsBet NJ Mobile Experience – 8/10
If you’re looking to gamble on the go, PointsBet provides an HTML5-optimized mobile site and a native app for iOS and Android. Its mobile site can be accessed through your mobile device’s browser, while the PointsBet NJ app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
Like its desktop counterpart, its mobile site is well-designed and easy to navigate, but our PointsBet NJ review found that it is occasionally lagged, which we would like to see improved in the future. The HTML5-optimized site requires significant scrolling to find selections and games. The PointsBet NJ app for Android and iOS is rated 4.6 and 4.8, respectively, with over 38,000 reviews submitted on the iOS App Store.
Despite this, some users complained that the app failed to stay logged in, meaning users were required to input their usernames and passwords multiple times. One thing we really liked about the PointsBet NJ mobile platforms was its dedicated iPad app, which sets it apart from some of the competition. Overall, its mobile platforms are excellent and among the best in the market.
PointsBet NJ Registration Process 7/10
Registering with PointsBet NJ couldn’t be easier and only takes a few minutes. To get started, follow our step-by-step guide to registering with PointsBet New Jersey below.
- Click the link on this page to PointsBet NJ to be redirected to its home page.
- Select the “Sign-Up” button in the top right corner of the home page.
- Enter your name, address, email address, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- If you have a PointsBet NJ bonus code, enter it in the box provided. There is also no need to enter a PointsBet promo code NJ if you don’t have one.
- Agree to the site terms and conditions to finalize the registration.
- Once your registration is confirmed, fund your account by heading to the cashier section, selecting your preferred payment method, and following the instructions.
- Return to the home page to choose the bets or games you want to access.
- If you’re a lucky winner, return to the cashier, choose a payment method, and follow its instructions to withdraw.
PointsBet NJ Account Verification 7/10
Operators must ensure that only players within the state lines of New Jersey use its platform, so use IP tracking to ensure all players are currently in the state. PointsBet NJ requires you to give access to your location while using its desktop client to ensure that players are legally permitted to play. On mobile, you must enable your device’s geolocation services to confirm that you are within state lines, and this can be done in your device settings.
PointsBet NJ Payment Methods 7/10
PointsBet New Jersey accepts a number of the most popular payment methods with NJ bettors. Read the below table for a list of the banking options available at PointsBet NJ.
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$5||$5||2-5 business days|
|ACH/eCheck||$5||$5||2-5 business days|
|Cash at Casino Cage||$5||$50||Instant|
PointsBet NJ Sportsbook – 8/10
PointsBet Sportsbook New Jersey has forged a reputation with bettors for innovative markets, a solid selection of sports available for wagering, and betting features like in-play betting and live streaming. All this is contained within an easy-to-use desktop and mobile platform that will keep you satisfied.
PointsBet NJ Sports Markets
PointsBet Sportsbook NJ provides markets on eleven sports, which is quite a small selection compared to some of its competitors. Despite this, all the most popular sports with NJ bettors are covered, including NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and collegiate events. It also provides odds on several other sports, including golf, tennis, boxing, MMA, motorsports, soccer, and volleyball.
If you’re looking for minor league action, PointsBet offers markets on some minor leagues, for example, the CFL and XFL in football. Still, we’d like to see a greater range of leagues offered in baseball, as currently, only the MLB is offered. We would like to see other leagues, like minor leagues like Triple-A and Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB).
However, in some sports, such as hockey, soccer, and basketball, the depth of leagues offered is excellent, with European and minor leagues offered. We would also like to see more exotic sports, and our review team was surprised that the famous Australian sportsbook didn’t offer odds on Aussie Rules action! Overall, PointsBet should have more than enough to satisfy NJ bettors, with most of the popular sports covered. Read our overview of the most popular sports available for wagering at PointsBet Sportsbook NJ below.
- Football: Thanks to its partnership with the NFL, PointsBet NJ offers promotions on all the gridiron action throughout the NFL season.
- Basketball: As an official betting partner of the NBA & WNBA, the sportsbook offers great odds and promotions on basketball action.
- Baseball: PointsBet Sportsbook NJ offers wagering on the MLB season, with futures bets like the New York Mets to win the World Series and run line markets.
- Hockey: The sportsbook has several markets available on NHL and European hockey action, which should keep you satisfied throughout the year.
- College Sports: While you cannot bet on in-state college teams or games, PointsBet offers markets on NCAAB and NCAAF events, from the College Football Playoff to March Madness.
- Minor Leagues: While PointsBet NJ offers markets on XFL and CFL action, we would like to see more minor league action in baseball offered.
- International Sports: PointsBet has a wide range of markets for international soccer, including the English Premier League, Champions League, and European basketball and hockey markets.
- Other Sports: Besides major professional sports leagues, PointsBet Sportsbook NJ offers markets on MMA, motorsport, golf, and tennis.
New Jersey bettors are prohibited from betting on any in-state college sports events, like Rutgers University Scarlet Knights’ games. Still, you will be able to bet on many events throughout the college football and basketball season.
PointsBet NJ Bet Types
Bettors have a wide range of bet types to wager on at PointsBet Sportsbook New Jersey, including moneylines, points spreads, and totals. PointsBet also offers its unique PointsBetting and multiplier markets, setting itself apart from its competition. Read our overview of the bet types offered at the PointsBet NJ Sportsbook below.
- Moneyline: The simplest type of market, moneyline bets involve you making a prediction on who will win a sporting event. PointsBet NJ offers moneyline markets on major professional sports leagues, like NFL, NBA, MLB, collegiate sports, and NHL, throughout their respective seasons.
- Point Spread: Points spreads involve a handicap being applied to the favorite team. For your wager to be successful, you must bet on the event’s winner after the handicap has been applied to the final result. PointsBet NJ offers a special kind of points spread betting called PointsBetting, where you can win more (or lose more) based on how correct (or incorrect) your prediction is.
- Totals: With a totals bet, PointsBet New Jersey will set a line for a particular statistic, allowing you to bet on whether the total number will be over or under the set. PointsBet Sportsbook NJ also offers unique multipliers markets, allowing you to bet on a line of two statistics multiplied together.
- Player Prop: This is a bet for a player to achieve a particular statistic, like points in a basketball game, rushing yards in a football game, or goals in a hockey game.
- Team Prop: Betting on team props involved making predictions on a team to hit a total of a particular statistic, like total passing yards or three-pointers in a basketball game.
- Parlays: With a parlay bet, multiple bets, called legs, are combined for different events in a single wager.
- Futures: Futures bets are bets on an event far in the future like the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.
PointsBet NJ Betting Features
PointsBet offers bettors a number of betting features, like live streaming on several of its markets. You can also bet in-play with many of its available sports for wagering, including the most popular sports with NJ bettors like NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and out-of-state college sports.
It also offers same-game parlays and, as mentioned previously, offers markets you won’t find anywhere else, like multipliers and its PointsBetting markets.
PointsBet NJ Casino – 5/10
PointsBet Casino NJ offers just over 200 games, which is smaller than its competitors, and there is plenty of room for improvement in its online casino product. We would like to see more variety and better casino features added in the future to help improve the platform. However, if you’re a novice bettor looking to try online casino games for the first time, there should be enough games at PointsBet Casino New Jersey to satisfy you.
PointsBet NJ Game Selection
PointsBet Casino NJ boasts over 175 slot games, 17 card & table games, 10 live dealer games, and 7 varieties of video poker. This selection is smaller than some of its competitors, and players who want a large selection of games might be disappointed.
Despite this, games are provided by best-in-class software developers IGT and NextGen Gaming, meaning when you play at PointsBet Casino NJ, you’ll have a robust and responsive gaming experience. While we would like to see its operator add a wider selection of games in the future, if you’re a novice slot player, you’ll be satisfied with this solid, if small, collection.
PointsBet NJ Live Casino
PointsBet NJ’s live casino offering is limited but provides varieties of many of the most popular games with NJ bettors. It offers three variations of live roulette, with American, Lightning, and Auto roulette available to play. It also offers baccarat, two varieties of blackjack, three-card poker, and Dreamcatcher, the live game show from Evolution Gaming. While this covers the most popular options with bettors, we’d like to see PointsBet Casino NJ offer a greater number of live casino games in the future.
PointsBet NJ Casino Features
One area we would really like to see PointsBet improve is its casino features. Many of the most standard features offered at the best online casinos in New Jersey are missing. While it offers a powerful search function located at the top right of the casino lobby, you cannot filter the games by the software developer. We would also like to see some slot tournaments added in the future. Overall, we hope that the casino features offered by PointsBet NJ are worked on as its operator develops its online casino product.
PointsBet NJ Customer Support – 7/10
If you encounter a problem while using PointsBet NJ, you can access customer support through email and live chat. When you email its customer services team, you can expect a reply back within 24 hours. Live chat is available from 8 am – 8 pm ET, and our review team found the PointsBet representatives to be helpful and quick to reply within working hours. Despite this, we would like to see 24/7 support via live chat, and we hope PointsBet adds this in the future.
There is also a useful help page with FAQs available, providing detailed answers to the most commonly asked questions by bettors. Overall, PointsBet NJ’s customer support is satisfactory, although 24/7 support via live chat is something we hope the operator adds.
PointsBet NJ Responsible Gambling – 7/10
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement requires every licensed operator to provide Responsible Gambling tools and resources to ensure that players keep in control of their gambling. To this end, PointsBet NJ provides players with access to several helpful tools, like deposit, time, and wagering limits. You can also choose to have a cool-off period or access the NJ statewide self-exclusion program. In addition, PointsBet also provides a helpful responsible gambling page providing resources and links to third-party organizations like the National Council on Problem Gambling.
PointsBet NJ – Our Verdict – 7/10
PointsBet NJ is a solid option for bettors in the Garden State, providing an innovative sportsbook platform with markets on many of the state’s most popular sports. With features like in-play betting, live streaming, and unique wagering types like its trademark PointsBetting markets and multipliers means sports bettors will find a fun and one-of-a-kind platform when using PointsBet NJ. Despite this, its casino platform could be improved, and we would like to see the selection of games and variety of software providers increased in the future.
Overall, PointsBet New Jersey is the perfect site for sports bettors looking for some unique twists on traditional sportsbooks. Still, for experienced online casino gamers, it leaves a little to be desired. Click any link to PointsBet NJ on this page to be redirected to its homepage and to claim your welcome bonus.