Barstool could be set to launch an online sportsbook in New York very soon. With online sportsbooks and casinos already available in more than 15 US markets, the odds are that Barstool will apply for a New York license very soon. When that happens, locals with a penchant for quirky takes on the world of sport will be able to see what it offers in the way of betting.
In fact, that’s what this review is all about. The following sections are designed to give you our take on what Barstool will bring to the Empire State when it’s given the green light to join the NY betting apps already available to locals.
Barstool New York Promo Code Offer We Expect
Will Barstool Sportsbook New York offer a welcome bonus? Yes, it’s an odds-on proposition. What will the welcome bonus be? Based on our insights, it’s likely to be a cashback offer, as outlined in the table below.
|NY FOX Bet Launch Date:||TBD|
|Currently Legal in:||PA, MI, IL, IN, CO, VA, NJ, TN, AZ, IA, WV, LA, KS, MA, OH, MA|
|Bonus Expected:||$1,000 No-Lose Bet|
|Retail Betting Locations:||PA, MI, IL, IN, CO, VA, NJ, TN, AZ, IA, WV, LA, KS, MA, OH, MA|
|Last Verified:||September 2023|
Usual Barstool Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
- Bonus amount: $1,000 No-Lose Bet
- Rollover: 1x
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: Use bonus bet within 7 days
Barstool Sportsbook’s welcome bonus is a two-part deal. New customers can claim a $10 no deposit bonus when they successfully register a new account. This, of course, has to be your only account! Once you’ve claimed the sign-up bonus, you can use it on any bet with odds of -200 or greater.
If that bet wins, the profit is credited to your account. If not, don’t worry. The second part of the welcome offer is a no-lose bet (aka a risk-free bet). It’s worth up to $1,000, which means your first bet is insured for a five-figure sum.
So, let’s say you wager $250 on the New York Islanders at -200 and they lose. You might be sad if you’re a fan, but it won’t hurt your bankroll. Why? Because you’ll receive a $250 refund. It’s important to note that the refund comes in the form of site credit, so it can’t be withdrawn.
However, the good news is that you can use the site credit to make a bet and, if it wins, the profit is paid out in cash. This makes it an ideal offer for anyone who is trying sports betting for the first time. Of course, it’s also great for seasoned sports bettors because the top-end value ($1,000) is right up there with the top welcome bonuses.
But we think it’s a particularly attractive deal for newbies because you not only get a sign-up bonus but insurance on your first bet, which means you basically can’t lose. Therefore, even if you’re a complete novice who isn’t sure how to bet on sport, Barstool has you covered.
How to Claim Your Barstool New York Bonus When Available
You can protect yourself from a loss once Barstool Sportsbook goes live in New York by following these simple steps:
- Follow our secure link to join Barstool’s online sportsbook (once it’s live in New York).
- Input your details to complete the registration process and confirm your location.
- Log into your new account via a computer or mobile to claim your $10 bonus.
- Go to the cashier and deposit $10 or more.
- Make a qualifying bet and receive a refund up to $1,000 (as bonus credit) if it loses.
Will You Need a Barstool Promo Code?
No, the odds are that you won’t need a promo code to claim the no deposit bonus or no-lose bet. As a general rule, Barstool Sportsbook doesn’t require codes for any of its promotions.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
All online sports betting promotions have terms and conditions. Ignore them and you’ll forfeit your rights to any rewards being offered. We don’t want that to happen, so here are some of the main things you need to look out for when it comes to claiming any offer at Barstool Sports:
- Status: Some promotions are only available to new customers, others are open to anyone who places a bet. As a general rule, welcome bonuses, as the name suggests, are only open to newbies. Any other promotions listed can be claimed when you place bets.
- Promo Codes and Links: You might need to enter promo codes to claim bonuses. As we’ve said, Barstool Sportsbook isn’t big on codes, so you probably won’t need to worry about this. What you will need, however, are links. Our sign-up links are the safest, quickest ways to activate welcome bonuses and create accounts with New York’s top sportsbooks.
- Rollovers/Wagering Requirements: You will need to stake a certain amount to convert bonus credits to real cash. This is fairly simple in online sports betting because the rollover is usually 1x. That means you wager your free bet and that’s it. Any profit you make from the bet is paid out in cash, which the bonus credit (ie your stake) is removed from your account.
- Minimum and Maximum Limits: Deposit-based bonuses will have a minimum transaction. At Barstool, it’s typically $10. Additionally, all promotions have a value cap. For example, the no-lose bet new customers receive is capped at $1,000, which means the maximum refund is $1,000.
- Qualifying Bets: Bonuses that are triggered by placing a bet will have specific standards. This usually means you’ll have to bet on certain sports/events. You might also have to stake a certain amount and the odds may have to be above a certain threshold to count as a qualifying bet.
- Expiry Date: All bonuses expire, so you need to know how long you’ve got to claim the offer and, in turn, use any rewards you receive.
Mistakes to Avoid when Claiming a Bonus
Part of devising a winning sports betting strategy is knowing which moves to make and which mistakes to avoid. The following list contains three major mistakes you need to avoid when it comes to claiming bonus offers.
- Make Sure You’re Eligible
You must be an eligible customer to claim online sports betting bonuses. New York State Gaming Commission regulations dictate that users must be 21 or older and within state lines to use licensed sportsbooks. Therefore, you need to make sure you’re old enough and in New York if you want to use Barstool Sportsbook NY.
- Read the Rules
Please read the rules. We’ll say it again: please read the rules. We’ve seen too many people miss out on promotions because they didn’t check the terms and conditions. All of the main terms linked to sports betting bonuses are listed in the previous section. Don’t miss out on a bonus bet because you rushed into it and didn’t look at instructions.
- Don’t Blow Your Bankroll
The final mistake we want you to avoid is a matter of restraint. Specifically, you shouldn’t bet more than you can afford just to claim a bonus. In fact, you should always stay within your limits. Responsible gambling is the most important skill a sports bettor can have. It’s not worth breaking your own bankroll rules just to get a bonus.
More Barstool Sports New York Promotions to Expect
- Penn Play Rewards: Earn points each time you place bets online or in one of Barstool Sportsbook’s retail outlets. This loyalty scheme is ideal for regular bettors as you can convert points to comps.
- $1 Million Giveaway: Every $50 you wager earns you a ticket for prize draws that contain gift cards and the chance to win a share of $1 million in cashback.
When Can You Use Barstool Sportsbook NY?
We’re not sure when Barstool Sportsbook NY will go live. Penn National Gaming originally applied for a New York license in 2021 but wasn’t selected as one of the first nine operators. However, Barstool is launching online sportsbooks faster than almost any other operator, so expect it to go live in the Empire State as soon as it’s allowed.
NY Online Sports Betting Timeline
- 2013: A bill to legalize sports betting in New York in lieu of federal laws changing gets passed.
- 2018: PASPA is struck down, making it possible for New York to launch retail and online sportsbooks.
- 2019: The state’s first retail sportsbooks open in New York casinos.
- 2020: Efforts to legalize and launch online sports betting apps started.
- 2021: Online sports betting is legalized in New York.
- 2022: Nine New York sportsbooks launched in January, including PointsBet, Caesars, and BetMGM.
How to Use Barstool NY Sportsbook When It’s Live
Follow these simple steps to join Barstool New York once it’s available in the state:
Step 1: Create an Account
The best way to join Barstool Sportsbook is through our sign-up link. This link takes you directly to the homepage where you can open the registration form. It also activates the Barstool welcome offer.
Step 2: Enter Your Details
You need to enter your name, address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to create an account and verify your identity. You need to be 21 or older to join.
Step 3: Verify Your Location
New York gambling regulations dictate that you must be in the state of New York to use locally licensed online sportsbooks. Barstool New York will use geolocation technology to verify your location.
Step 4: Log in and Deposit
Once the software has verified your identity and location, you can log in, go to the cashier, and place your first bet.
How Barstool Sportsbook NY Could Compare to Other Apps
How will Barstool New York compare to other online sportsbooks in the Empire State? Let’s take a look.
Barstool Sportsbook NY
$1,000 no-lose bet
5X $50 second chance bets
$1,000 no sweat bet
New York Barstool Sportsbook Review Based on Other States
Barstool media has that irreverent, coming from left field vibe that a lot of sports fans love. These traits are visible within the sportsbook but the platform is, perhaps, slightly more conventional than you might expect. This is down to the influence of Penn National Gaming.
We’re sure Barstool’s executives would love to embrace their anarchic sides and throw a plethora of unexpected features into the app, but that’s not how online sports betting works. Bettors expect certain features and structures. To satisfy these demands, the interface follows the standard three-tier structure: betting menu, odds tables, bet slip.
What we will say, however, is that there are touches of flair that make this sportsbook ideal for mobile devices. For example, the bet slip is hidden from view until needed. This maximizes the space available for odds tables. Another design quirk we like is the way menu options (ie sports) are shown as buttons grouped together rather than spread across the top of a page (like you typically see online).
Finally, we like how events are listed in individual boxes. This means you’re not forced to look at one giant table that lists all the day’s events/odds. Add to these things a one-tap bet builder, early cashouts, and links to Barstool’s network of media assets, and you’ve got an online sportsbook that plays by the rules but has a bit of flair.
Barstool Sports Betting New York (8/10)
What will Barstool New York look like and will you have plenty of betting options? Let’s find out.
Sports Markets and Odds
Barstool is big on US sports, we know that from its media outlets, but that doesn’t mean it takes a myopic view of the betting world. Put simply, we expect Barstool New York to cover everything from football and basketball to soccer, tennis, and sports as niche as volleyball.
- Football, including NCAAF, USFL, and NFL games
- Basketball, including NCAA, WNBA, and NBA games
- Hockey, including NHL games
- Baseball, including MLB games
- Soccer, including MLS and the English Premier League
- Aussie Rules
- MMA, including UFC fights
- Motorsports, including NASCAR and Formula 1
- Rugby, including League and Union
What will your first bet be on Barstool New York? That’s your decision, but we can tell you there will be plenty of options if this operator obtains a local sports betting license:
- Futures: Betting on the outcome of a league or tournament, such as the winner of the Super Bowl, is a futures bet.
- Moneyline: Predicting the winner of an event is known as a moneyline bet.
- Parlays: Linking multiple picks to create a single bet is known as a parlay. Barstool Sportsbook lets you make standard multi-game parlays. You can also combine picks from a single event (same-game parlay) or a variety of different outcomes using its Parlay+ feature.
- Point spreads: These bets require you to say whether a team can beat the spread (ie win) despite starting with a point deficit/lead.
- Props bets: You have the option to bet on specific outcomes linked to a player (eg X player to score) or a team (eg X team to be winning at half time).
- Totals: Betting on whether a result will finish over or under a specified line is a totals bet.
- Teasers: Parlays that allow you to change the spread are known as teasers and typically available for NFL games.
Barstool New York will have more than a few features designed to create an enjoyable, entertaining, and efficient experience. Regardless of whether you’re using the website or you download the mobile app, you’ll get access to these features:
- Pre-event and in-play sports betting markets
- Statistics, betting trends, and results
- One-tap bet builder
- Early cashouts
- Loyalty rewards and other promotions
- Access to Barstool Sports media channels
- Betting tips
- Responsible gambling tools
Barstool Sportsbook New York Payment Methods We Expect
Barstool Sportsbook’s Experience on Mobile vs Desktop
You’ll be able to download Barstool Sportsbook to your iOS or Android device once it’s available in New York. All the previous comments we’ve made regarding the look, layout, features, and functionality apply in this context. Basically, anything you can do via the website can be done via the mobile app.
The Apple App Store rating is 4.7/5, which is strong. The feedback on Google Play is a little less positive. The Barstool Sportsbook app still gets 3/5, but some users have noted issues with the geolocation software and page refresh rates being too slow. We expect these problems to be resolved before a New York launch, but just be mindful of them if you’re an Android user.
Customer Support for Barstool Sportsbook in New York
Barstool Sportsbook’s FAQ covers most of the minor issues you might face as a user. For anything else, you can contact the Barstool customer support team 24/7 via the following methods:
- Email (onsite contact form)
- Live chat
- Request a call back
- Social media @BSSportsbook
- Responsible gambling FAQ and tips
- Personalized limits, including deposit, betting, withdrawal, and activity time limits
- Timeouts and self-exclusion options
- Contact details for problem gambling organizations, including 1-800-GAMBLER
Summary of What to Expect From the Barstool Sportsbook NY Promo: (8/10)
Barstool Sportsbook might not be as irreverent as you might expect, but it’s a solid product with a lot to like. There could be more withdrawal options and some important features are missing, such as live streaming. However, those weaknesses are easily addressed.
What’s available is impressive, particularly features such as Parlay+ and Bet Builder. Add in generous sprinkling of promos and access to the Barstool media network, and this brand will be a nice addition to the New York sports betting scene.
Is Barstool Sportsbook legal in NY?
Is Barstool legal in New York?
Can you use Barstool Sportsbook in New York?
Does Barstool Sportsbook work in NY?
Is Barstool Sportsbook in NY?
When will Barstool Sportsbook be available in NY?
Why doesn’t Barstool Sportsbook work in New York?
Where is Barstool Sportsbook app available?
Find Barstool Sports in Other States