FOX Bet NY isn’t live right now, but it could enter the Empire State soon. This FOX Bet sportsbook review looks at what customers in other states can enjoy so you know what to expect if it does launch in New York. In addition to walking you through the $50 no-lose bet welcome offer, we’ll explain why FOX Bet has some of the best odds on pro and college sports, as well as innovative software.
If you can’t wait for FOX Bet to go live in New York, never fear. There are plenty of fantastic NY online betting apps you can use right now if you’re an eligible customer. To see what they are and what constitutes and eligible customer, scroll down now.
FOX Bet New York Promo Code & Bonus We Expect
What bonuses can New York bettors bank on at FOX Bet NY? Based on what’s available elsewhere in the US, these are some of the most likely promotions.
|NY FOX Bet Launch Date:||TBD|
|Currently Legal in:||New Jersey, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Michigan|
|Bonus Expected:||$50 first bet insurance|
|Retail Betting Locations:||Resorts Digital (NJ), Lady Luck Casino (CO), Mount Airy Casino (PA), Odawa Casino (MI)|
|Last Verified:||September 2023|
Usual FOX Bet Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
- Bonus amount: $50 Bet Insurance
- Rollover: 1x
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: 30 days after refund is issued
The FOX Bet NY welcome bonus is likely to be a $50 no-lose bet. This offer is available in other FOX Bet states, so there’s a good chance it will open the betting in New York.
No-lose bets are insurance policies. If you meet the wagering requirements, you can a refund in the event of a loss. FOX Bet offers new customers a rebate up to $50 if their first bet loses. You don’t need a bonus code, but you will need to make a qualifying bet.
Qualifying bets for this offer are singles or multiway wagers with odds of -200 or greater. Make a qualifying bet within 30 days and, if it loses, you’ll receive a rebate. The rebate is capped at $50 and paid into your account as bonus credit. Of course, if you win your opening bet, it’s all good. However, if you don’t, you get something back, hence the term “no-lose” bet.
How to Claim your FOX Sports Bonus When Available
You can get access to the FOX Bet and its welcome offer when they’re live in New York by following these steps:
- Follow our secure FOX Bet online sportsbook sign-up link.
- Complete the registration process by inputting your details and confirming your location.
- Use the website or mobile app to log in.
- Go to the cashier and deposit $10 or more.
- Make a qualifying bet and receive a refund up to $50 (as bonus bet credit) if it loses.
Will You Need a Promo Code?
No, you won’t need a promo code to claim the FOX Bet NY welcome offer. This rule isn’t set in stone and could change over time. But, based on what’s available elsewhere in the US, FOX Bet customers aren’t required to use promo codes to claim bonus credits.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
New bettors need to know the following terms when it comes to FOX Bet’s sign-up bonus and, moreover, sportsbook offers in general:
- You must be a new and eligible customer.
As per New York State Gaming Commission regulations, you can only use an online sportsbook if you’re 21 or older and within state lines. Ongoing offers (ie promos after the welcome bonus) are available to all real money customers.
- Use our registration link and/or code.
FOX Bet sportsbook doesn’t typically require bonus codes for its offers. However, we may have codes for exclusive deals, so check Techopedia for the latest updates.
- Minimum deposit/minimum odds.
Sports betting bonuses are triggered by making a minimum deposit and/or qualifying bet. For example, a $10 minimum deposit means you need to deposit at least that amount. Qualifying bets have minimum odds and, sometimes, market restrictions. For the FOX Bet welcome offer, all betting markets are allowed but the odds must be -200 or greater.
- Post-win wagering requirements.
Bonus bets can’t be withdrawn, but they can be used in place of cash to make wagers. If those wagers win, you get to keep the profit. For example, if you use a $10 bonus bet on the New York Giants at +200 and win, the $20 profit is paid to you in cash. The $10 stake is removed from your account.
Mistakes to Avoid when Claiming a Bonus
Avoiding mistakes is just as important as following the rules when it comes to betting promos. The following tips should help you avoid a misstep on your quest for bonus bets.
- Wagering requirements:
Sports betting bonuses aren’t given out randomly. Even if you do get a surprise, it will be because you’ve been an active real money customer. What we’re saying here is that all offers have wagering requirements which, in simple terms, means you need to bet a certain amount/in a certain way to release bonuses.
- Restrictions and limits:
There will be restrictions on who can claim certain bonuses, how long they’re available for, and the amount of credit you can receive. For example, FOX Bet’s welcome offer is only available to new customers in eligible states. What’s more, the maximum rebate is $50. Some people might wager $100 on their first bet and be annoyed when they only get a 50% rebate. That’s because they didn’t look carefully at the restrictions and limits.
- Betting basics:
The final mistake to avoid is making ineligible bets. As we’ve discussed, there will be minimum odds and wagering targets. You might find that deals are tied to selected sports and events. Another important thing to consider is your bankroll. Bonuses are great, but you shouldn’t wager more than you can afford just to claim them. This, in our opinion, is the biggest mistake people make.
More FOXBet New York Promotions to Expect
- Bet Boosts: FOX Bet takes odds boosts to a different level. Instead of simply enhancing the odds, the rewards team boost your payouts.
- Challenges: FOX Bet NY sportsbook probably won’t have a loyalty program, but there are ways to earn bonuses by completing challenges. These challenges are tailored to your betting preferences. Each one you complete unlocks special rewards, such as bet credits, cashback, and exclusive prizes.
When can you use FOX Bet in New York?
FOX Bet was among the first operators to apply for a New York sports betting license in 2021. However, it didn’t pass the initial application process. Other sportsbooks that tried and failed to become one of the first nine licensees in New York were bet365, Barstool, and Fanatics.
None of the rejected operators, including FOX Bet, had been given a license at the time of writing. However, with FOX Bet’s parent company, Flutter Entertainment, having sportsbooks in multiple US states, it’s likely they’re working hard to secure a New York license as quickly as possible.
NY Mobile Sports Betting Timeline:
- 2013: Sports betting is legalized in New York. Provisions were put in place to open sportsbooks in four commercial casinos as soon as federal laws allowed it.
- 2018: The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) is struck down, paving the way for retail sports betting in New York.
- 2019: Retail sportsbooks, including BetRivers, FanDuel, and DraftKings open up in New York’s casinos.
- 2020: Efforts to make sports betting available online begin.
- 2021: Online sports betting is legalized in New York.
- 2022: Nine sportsbooks launch in New York throughout January, including PointsBet, Caesars, and BetMGM.
How to use FOX Bet in New York when Live
Here’s how to join FOX Bet sportsbook once it’s open for business in the Empire State:
Step 1: Tap to Join
The quickest and easiest way to join FOX Bet sportsbook is via our secure registration link. This link takes you directly to the FOX Bet website and sign-up page. It also activates the FOX Bet welcome offer.
Step 2: Input Your Details
The registration form will ask for a variety of details, including your name, address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN). This information is used to verify your identity. You need to be 21+ to create an account with FOX Bet sportsbook.
Step 3: Verify Your Location
New York gambling regulations state that you need to be within state lines to use any licensed online sportsbook. The FOX Bet app features geolocation technology that will confirm whether or not you’re in the right location.
Step 4: Confirm, Complete, and Deposit
Once the software has confirmed you’re eligible to use the FOX Bet sportsbook app, you can log in, go to the cashier, and make a deposit. After that, it’s time to start betting.
How the FOX Bet NY App Could Compare to Other Apps
How does FOX Bet compare to its peers when it comes to new promotions? Does it offer something different and can newbies get a similar amount of bet credit? The table below compares FOX Bet’s welcome offer to what’s already available at two leading NY sportsbooks.
FOX Bet NY
$50 no-lose bet
5X $50 second chance bets
$1,000 no sweat bet
FOXBet NY Sportsbook Review Based on Other States
FOX Bet sportsbook is perfect for New Yorkers who want to bet on the go. By this we mean the software has been designed with mobile sports betting in mind. Each page element has the ability to move, resize, and hide away when required.
It also means you can view the latest betting markets on a mobile browser or you can download the FOX Bet mobile app. Put simply, FOX Bet is a dynamic, flexible, and efficient online sportsbook. That aligns with current tech trends and means you get easy access to these features via any device:
- Trending picks and suggested parlays you can add to your bet slip with one tap.
- In-play cashouts (end bets before their natural conclusion).
- Sports calendars, fixture lists, and results.
- Bonus bet giveaways on social media.
- The ability to create custom bets created by tweeting @FOXBet.
- Links to FOX Sports and inside tips from professionals, including the FOX Bet Live Show.
The FOX Bet sportsbook app is, by almost all measures, a slick and modern place to bet on the New York Mets, the Giants, and stars from many other sports. However, it’s not perfect. Live betting markets are available, but the app doesn’t offer live streaming, so there is room for improvement.
FOX Bet NY Sports Betting (8/10)
We now know Flutter Entertainment, the Stars Group, and FOX Sports have worked hard to create a modern, dynamic betting app. Is the software complemented by a comprehensive selection of pre-game and live betting markets? Let’s find out.
FOX Bet NY sportsbook has you covered when it comes to popular US sports, international hits, and niche activities. From baseball’s New York Yankees to soccer’s Manchester United, you’ll find pre-event and live betting markets for these professional and college sports:
- Football, including NCAAF, USFL, and NFL games
- Basketball, including NCAA, WNBA, and NBA games
- Hockey, including NHL games
- Baseball, including MLB games
- Soccer, including MLS and the English Premier League
- MMA, including UFC fights
- Aussie Rules
- Motorsports, including NASCAR and Formula 1
- Rugby League
- Table Tennis
FOX Bet is renowned for offering some of the best futures betting markets in the game, but that’s not the only way to speculate on your favorite sports:
- Moneyline: These bets require you to predict the winner in basketball, hockey, and other sports.
- Point spreads: Can a team beat the spread? This means you’re betting on whether a team can win despite having a point deficit/advantage.
- Totals: These bets require you to pick whether the final result will be over or under set total.
- Parlays: Connecting multiple picks to make a single bet is known as a parlay. These picks can come from different events (multiway parlay) or the same event (same game parlay).
- Props bets: Betting on specific outcomes, such as X player to score, is a prop. You can make player props and team props at FOX Bet sportsbook.
- Futures: Betting on the outcome of a future event, such as the winner of the Super Bowl, is known as a futures bet.
- Teasers: These bets are parlays that allow you to adjust the point spread. Teasers are popular with NFL fans.
Here’s a recap of the features you’ll find inside the FOX Bet Sportsbook app:
- Pre-event and live betting markets.
- Software optimized for desktop and mobile sports betting.
- Trending bets and suggested parlays.
- Fixture lists and results.
- Social media contests.
- Create your own bets.
- Links to the FOX Bet Live Show.
- Sports stats and tips.
FOX Bet New York Payment Methods We Expect
Instant bank transfer
FOX Bet App NY Experience Expected on Mobile vs Desktop
The FOX Bet mobile app has solid reviews and ratings. The iOS had a 4.4/5 rating at the time of writing, while its Android app counterpart had 3.8/5.
From a general perspective, any features you can access via the desktop site are available on the mobile app. As we’ve explained, the developers have taken a mobile-first approach.
Looking through the customer reviews, a few users have complained about the customer service while others have praised it for being a “cool” mobile app. We did notice some negative comments regarding the geolocation software, but we expect these issues to be fixed before FOX Bet launches in New York.
Customer Support for FOX Bet Sportsbook in New York
The onsite FAQ is a little lean on information but, overall, you can get a general sense of what’s going on without having to contact a member of the support team. If you do need help, customer service agents are available 24/7 via email, but responses can take up to 48 hours. You can also get help from a virtual assistant, but there isn’t a live chat feature, which is disappointing.
As noted inside the FOX Bet website, you should “bet with your head, not over it.” In line with this, the FOX Bet desktop site and mobile app feature these responsible gambling tools:
- Responsible gambling FAQ and contact options.
- Personalized betting, deposit, and spending limits.
- Remove the ability to cancel withdrawals.
- Timeouts and self-exclusion options.
Our Verdict of What We Expect From FOX Bet NY: (8/10)
FOX Bet customers have access to plenty of unique features, competitive odds, and novel bonuses. The software is, in our opinion, perfect for mobile bettors. We also think the range of FOX Bet sports betting markets will suit every type of customer.
There are some areas for improvement. Deposits and withdrawals can be a bit slow and the lack of live chat support is disappointing. But, overall, if you want a comprehensive sports betting experience with features you can’t find elsewhere, it’s worth creating a new FOX Bet account when the app launches in New York.
Is FOX Bet legal in New York?
What states can you use FOX Bet in?
Is FOX Bet online available in NY?
When will FOX Bet be legal in New York?
Is FOX Bet safe to bet with in New York?
Find FOX Bet in Other States
- FOX Bet New Jersey
- FOX Bet Colorado
- FOX Bet Michigan
- FOX Bet Pennsylvania