The Caesars Puerto Rico Sportsbook went live in July 2023 and is set to be a huge draw for online betting on the Caribbean island. In this article, we’re going to look at how the sportsbook shapes up, the promotions you’re going to be able to claim and the Caesars promo codes linked with any of the offers.
Affiliate Disclosure: Techopedia may receive advertising commissions for visits to a suggested operator through our affiliate links, at no added cost to you. However, all our recommendations are unbiased and follow a thorough review process. Players must be a legal gambling age and located in a regulated US gambling state. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.
Welcome Bonus for Caesars Sportsbook in Puerto Rico: Bet $50, Get a $50 Bonus Bet
- Bonus amount: Bet $50, Get a $50 Bonus Bet
- Bonus Code: CZRPRBG50
- Rollover: 1x
- Min deposit: $50
- Bonus expiry: 14 days after receipt of bonus bet
New accounts in the Caesars Puerto Rico sportsbook can claim a $50 bonus bet when you place a first bet of $50 or more. Once the bet has been placed, it needs to be settled within 60 days and the bet bonus will be applied to your account within 48 hours.
The bonus bet will be a single bet credit, which means that you need to wager the full amount and any winnings won’t include the original stake. One of the best features of this offer is that there are no minimum odds that you need to trigger this offer or place the bonus bet. For example, you could place your $50+ qualifying bet at odds of -1000, win the bet, pocket the profit, and still claim the bet bonus.
It’s one of the best promotions of its kind that you can get for Puerto Rico gambling, simply because of the lack of any minimum odds. If we were to compare this to the BetMGM promotion where you get a second chance first bet, we’d recommend this one. Regardless of if your first bet wins or not, you get a bonus, whereas at BetMGM, it only pays if you lose.
How to Claim Your Bonus with Caesars Puerto Rico
The process below highlights how you claim your Caesars Puerto Rico welcome bonus and where you need to enter the Caesars promo code.
- Head to the Caesars PR sportsbook and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Enter your email address and the Caesars Puerto Rico bonus code “CZRPRBG50”.
- Complete the forms and enter your address and account information.
- Head to the cashier to make your first deposit of $50+.
- Place a wager of $50+ in the online sportsbook.
- Once the bet has settled, use the bonus bet within the sportsbook.
Will You Need a Caesars Promo Code?
Yes, you’re going to need to use the Caesars promo code CZRPRBG50 to trigger the Bet $50, Get $50 welcome offer and claim the bonus bet. The bonus code must be entered as you create your account and will be asked for in the first section of the registration process. Failure to enter the code means that you won’t be eligible for this offer.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
Below we’ve outlined the key terms and conditions for the welcome offer. Make sure you take the time to note what these are and how they work, as you’ll need to tick all these boxes to claim the offer.
- Promo Code – Use the promo code CZRPRBG50 when you create your account. This must be entered as your sign-up, just after the prompt for your email address.
- Rollover/Wagering Requirement – There are no rollover requirements with this offer, just that you need to initially place a first bet of $50 or more to trigger it.
- Min/Max Deposit – Technically, you can deposit anything from $10 and up, but the first bet must be a minimum of $50. There is no upper limit on a max deposit for this offer.
- Eligible Sports/Markets – The trigger bet can be placed on all sports, but markets that are not eligible include any cashed-out bets, bonus bets, profit boosts, super boosts, round robins, or teasers.
- Expiry Date – To trigger the promotion you need to have your first bet settled within 60 days. Once the bet bonus has been applied to your account, you then have 14 days before it expires.
Mistakes to Avoid when Claiming the Caesars Puerto Rico Bonus
Welcome bonuses can be tricky to claim and clear, so in this section, we’ve outlined some common mistakes that we see punters make and show you how you can avoid them yourself.
- Not make the minimum first bet – The minimum amount that you need to stake with this promotion is $50. The sportsbook won’t highlight the fact that you wager less than this and will instantly void your bonus if you fail to meet the min first bet. Make sure you bet $50+ or the bonus will be gone before you start.
- Geolocation – This offer is only accessible to players who live in Puerto Rico. If you’re not a resident or you fraudulently state you are, you not only risk losing the bet bonus, but also your account to be closed.
- Minimum age – The gambling age in Puerto Rico is 18. However, to claim this offer and create an account with Caesars online sportsbook you need to be aged 21+.
- Bet on non-eligible markets – Bets that are cashed out or include bonus bets, profit boosts, super boosts, round robins, or teasers can’t claim this offer. Keep your first bet as simple as possible and target straights, such as moneyline, spreads, and totals, with no boosts applied.
- Not noting the expiration date – Once the bet bonus has been applied, you have 14 days to wager the bonus in full. Any longer and the bonus will be removed from your account. You won’t get a warning to state you’re close to losing the bonus bet, so note the date and use it in time.
More Caesars Sportsbook Puerto Rico Promotions to Expect
Caesars has only been online in Puerto Rico for a relatively short period of time, so as the site grows, we can expect to see an influx in promotions. The ones listed below are currently live amongst states throughout the US and could merge over to PR soon.
- Second Chance $1,250 First Bet – If your first bet of $10 or more loses, then you will get a refund worth up to $1,250.
- Reward Credits and Tier Credits – Up to 1,000 Reward Credits and 1,000 Tier Credits can be claimed for new accounts, which are used in the online store and at Caesars Entertainment inc retail casinos, sportsbooks, and hotels.
- Caesars Rewards Scheme – Earn points as you play that can be exchanged for bonuses and within Caesars Entertainment inc locations.
- Refer-a-Friend Promo – Earn a bonus worth up to $100 each time you refer a new player to the Caesars Puerto Rico Sportsbook.
- Bet and Get Promotions – Wager on certain sports and markets to get an additional bonus on top of the welcome bonus.
When can you use Caesars in Puerto Rico?
Caesars went live in Puerto Rico in July 2023 and can now be accessed via their mobile and online gaming platforms. The sportsbook is licensed via the Casino Metro, located on Convention Blvd, San Juan. As well as online accessibility, Caesars also has a retail sportsbook within the casino.
Puerto Rico Mobile Sports Betting Timeline
Online and mobile sports betting was passed under bill HB 2038 in 2019. However, it wasn’t until 2023 that the first online sportsbook went live. The timeline below highlights the progress of sports betting over that period.
- July 7, 2023 – Caesars Sportsbook officially goes live in Puerto Rico.
- July 6, 2023 – Reports show that the Puerto Rico Gaming Division has issued more than 30 licenses, five of which are to direct sportsbook operators.
- June 8, 2023 – BetMGM becomes the first online sportsbook to launch in Puerto Rico. It has a license with Casino del Mar.
- December 21, 2022 – The Caesars retail sportsbook opens in Casino Metro, the largest casino establishment in Puerto Rico.
- April 4, 2022 – The DraftKings retail sportsbook is now live as part of the Foxwoods El San Juan Casino, setting the stage for an online license.
- February 9, 2022 – The first retail sportsbook opens its doors in Puerto Rico as BetMGM launches in Casino del Mar.
How to use Caesars in Puerto Rico
In this section, we’re going to walk you through the process of creating an account, claiming the welcome bonus, and placing your first bet.
1. Open Your Account
You first need to enter the Caesars Puerto Rico sportsbook and click on the “Get Started” button at the top of the page. This will initiate the signup process.
2. Enter Your Email Address and Promo Code
In this section use an email address that will be linked to your account. You also need to use the Caesars Puerto Rico bonus code CZRPRBG50 to trigger the Bet $50, Get $50 welcome offer. Failure to enter it at this point will mean you forfeit the bonus.
You will now be asked to enter information that includes name, address, phone number, and date of birth. Also, you will need to enter the last four digits of your social security number so your account can be verified.
4. Verify Account
If your account cannot be automatically verified, then you will need to do so manually. You will be asked to upload two pieces of government ID for this, which includes a photo ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) and a utility bill as proof of address. Verification can take up to 48 hours to complete and the team will be in touch once this has been passed.
5. Deposit, Place First Bet, and Claim Welcome Bonus
Once the account has been verified, you need to log in and deposit. To claim the welcome bonus your deposit and first bet need to be $50+. Once the deposit has been made, head to the sportsbook and place wagers of $50+. When this has settled, you will get an additional $50 in bonus bets to use across the sportsbook.
How Caesars Sportsbook Puerto Rico Compares to Other Apps
The table below highlights how the Caesars sportsbook promo compares to other Puerto Rico sports betting sites and apps. We’ve included the type of bonus, wagering, and minimum deposit.
|Caesars PR||BetMGM PR||DraftKings|
|Sports Bonus||Bet $50, Get $50||$100 Second Chance 1st Bet||$1,000 Welcome Bonus|
Caesars Sportsbook Puerto Rico Review
In December 2022, Caesars Sportsbook when live in Puerto Rico within the Casino Metro in San Juan. It took a further seven months (July 2023) before they were able to launch their mobile and online gaming platform. Now, Caesars is fully online with one of the better sports betting options on the island.
The platform is almost identical to that of the US-based versions, with the only exception that there is no limitation on college sports and what players can and cannot bet on within these games. It comes packed with markets and like BetMGM, works hard on an extensive range of prop bets for major sports.
The design of both the online and mobile platform is superb. It’s a clean white and green finish, with black accents, making it easy to use and play for long periods. The sportsbook has a good range of features, such as live betting, profit boosts, same-game parlays and a huge FAQ section should you be wanting to learn a little more about how it works.
The only downside is that there is no live streaming, with other sites having extensive access to this. We’d also like to see the inclusion of loyalty programs, enabling players to earn points as they bet and exchange for Caesars Entertainment inc rewards.
Pros and Cons
- Guaranteed $50 bonus bet, regardless of the outcome of your bet
- First-class design for both online and mobile betting options
- The quick picks feature highlights the “bets of the day”
- Profit boosts of up to 20% for selected markets
- Same game parlays across multiple sports
- Lack of loyalty program, which is accessible across the US
- No live streaming currently available on the betting site
Caesars Puerto Rico Rankings by Category
For our Caesars Puerto Rico review, we checked every important category and ranked it accordingly so that you can see its strengths and weaknesses before joining.
- OVERALL RATING: 9.1/10
- Bonuses: 9.1/10
- Design and Usability: 9.5/10
- Desktop Experience: 9.1/10
- Mobile Experience: 9.5/10
- Registration Process: 7.2/10
- Payment Methods: 8.2/10
- Sportsbook: 9.1/10
- Casino: N/A
- Live Casino: N/A
- Poker: N/A
- Customer Support: 8.1/10
- Responsible Gambling: 9.3/10
Caesars Puerto Rico Sports Betting – 9.1/10
The Caesars Puerto Rico sportsbook only launched in 2023, but already the product is regarded as one of the best by Puerto Ricans. In this section we’re going to highlight the range of sports you can bet on, the types of bets, and any notable features of the site.
There are over 20 sports to choose from within the sportsbook, which provides excellent coverage overall. The main sports are those based in the US, like NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL. A standout inclusion was the volume of motorsports that they have, such as NASCAR, Xfinity, Truck Series, Formula 1, Indy Car, and Formula E.
A nice feature for the sports section is that you can create favorites, where you bookmark sports and they will be pinned to the top of the page. This will be saved to your account each time you log in.
Here’s a full breakdown of the sports on offer at Caesars:
- Australian Rules
- Auto (NASCAR, Xfinity, Truck Series, Formula 1, Indy Car, Formula E)
- Rugby league
- Rugby union
Caesars Puerto Rico has a good range of bet types, although we would argue that it’s not quite as strong as BetMGM when it comes to prop bets. The basics, such as moneyline, spreads, and totals are accessible on all sports, but the depth of prop bets, even on higher-profile NFL and NBA games, is lacking a little.
The site is strongest when it comes to parlays and even allows for same-game parlays as well. Given that the site has very competitive betting odds, it means that you get an increased value for these bet types, with payouts being higher than most of the competition.
Sports Betting Features
In-play betting is one of the best features of the sportsbook and it’s here where there is a huge range of games and markets to choose from. We were impressed with the match center, which has a live animation (no live streaming), basic game stats, head-to-head records, live league standings, and a timeline of events.
Usability is a feature that we need to note and things like the search function that can be used both in the main sportsbook to search for games and within the game itself to search for markets is a nice touch. You’ve also got the ability to choose the odds format (American, decimal, or fractional) and access to a brilliant betting guide, which is ideal if you’re new to sports betting or new to the brand.
Caesars Puerto Rico Payment Methods – 8.2/10
The table highlights the range of payment methods you can choose from when playing at Caesars Puerto Rico. Keep in mind that processing usually takes 1-3 business days and this is the time it takes for your funds to appear after approval.
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Visa||$10||$10||Within 3 days|
|Mastercard||$10||$10||Within 3 days|
|Online Banking (Trustly)||$10||$10||1-3 days|
|Caesars Play+ Card||$10||$10||Within 24 hours|
|Cash at Casino Cage||$10||$10||Within 24 hours|
Caesars PR Sports Betting Experiences for Mobile vs Desktop
The Caesars Sportsbook mobile app is our preferred method of using this brand, and with it comes one of the best mobile betting apps that we’ve tested. You can download the app on iOS and Android, or you can visit the site in your mobile browser if you’d rather not download it.
Within the app, you’re able to access all the sports and markets that you get online, and you can create your account and claim all promotions as well. You will need to have a geolocation app installed to verify that you are in Puerto Rico, but the app walks you through this when you come to download.
The design of the desktop site is excellent, and its clean layout makes it very easy to use. It comes with search functions and breadcrumbs for moving backward when needed, as well as a quick menu and favorites section to create a custom navigation bar.
Customer Support for Caesars Sportsbook Mobile App – 8.1/10
Customer support is accessible via live chat or email. It states that the team is online 24/7, however, there have been multiple times that we have logged on to live chat (initially greeted by a bot) only to be informed that no one was available to chat with us and answer our questions.
- Live chat – Access online and via the app
- Email – Online contact form
Caesars comes with a dedicated section linked to responsible gaming and the measures that they take to ensure this is excellent. There are multiple features that are accessible to all accounts, which include deposit limits, spend limits, daily time limits, cool-off time limits, and self-exclusion.
Caesars states that all betting activity is monitored and if anything unusual happens, they will reach out to help the account in question. Given how much of a sticking point this has been to obtain a license in Puerto Rico for all sportsbooks, you can see that they’ve gone above and beyond to make sure players who need help, get help.
Our Verdict of the Caesars Sportsbook in PR: 9.1/10
Caesars has entered the Puerto Rico market with a bang. It kicks off with a welcome bonus worth $50 that has no wagering and a long 14-day expiration date attached. The best part about the offer is that it’s not based on the outcome of your first bet, like a lot of the competition. As a result, you receive the bonus bets as long you meet the minimum wager, win or lose.
The sportsbook is, as we expected, very good. There are very few flaws, which is a big compliment and the coverage of sports outside of the usual suspects has been impressive to see. Live betting is one of the many highlights, with the inclusion of a live match center, the latest odds boards, and a good amount of data included for all games.
Betting promotions, such as odds boost and profit boosts, add extra value to what are already competitive betting odds. The only negative is the lack of live streaming, but the in-play section still provides plenty of details.