Online sports betting is officially live in Puerto Rico and FanDuel is likely to follow brands like BetMGM and Caesars. So, while FanDuel Puerto Rico Sportsbook is not available with a bonus just yet, we expect this to change before the end of 2024.
So, while we can’t review FanDuel in Puerto Rico, we can provide insights and a deep analysis based on the sportsbook in other US regions. Read on to find out how you can eventually use a Puerto Rico FanDuel promo code and learn all about sports betting experience.
Meanwhile here is more info on Puerto Rico online gambling sites.
FanDuel Puerto Rico Promo Code & Bonus We Expect
FanDuel has promoted several sports betting welcome offers in recent years. However, we’ve predicted the most recent bonus currently promoted since this sportsbook likes to keep the offers fairly consistent across all jurisdictions.
|FanDuel PR Launch Date:||Expected 2023/24|
|Currently Legal in:||AZ, CO, CT, DC, IL, IA, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY – MS, NV, WA are retail-only.|
|Bonus Expected:||Up to $200 in Bonus Bets|
|Retail Sports Betting Locations:||None in Puerto Rico|
|Last Verified:||September 2023|
Usual FanDuel Sportsbook Welcome Bonus
- Bonus amount: Up to $200
- Rollover: 1x
- Min deposit: $10
- Bonus expiry: 14 days after signing up
The welcome bonus at FanDuel is currently offered to all accepted jurisdictions and provides a 10x bonus of your first bet, up to $200. For example, the minimum $10 bet would net you $100 in bonus bets. You’ll receive your bonus within 72 hours after the initial bet is settled and you’ll have 14 days to use your bonus.
Unlike some bonuses that require you to spend the bonus all at once, you can use these bonus bets at your own pace. Any profits from bonus bets are immediately considered real money and will be eligible for a withdrawal. However, the payout will not include the initial stake when using bonus bets.
$200 isn’t the biggest offer you’ll likely see for betting in Puerto Rico, but it would be larger than the $100 first bet insurance offered by BetMGM. Plus, the offer at FanDuel is superior, in our opinion, since it is offered regardless of the outcome of your initial bet and it’s $50 more valuable than the same kind of offer at DraftKings.
How to Claim your FanDuel Bonus When Available
Puerto Rico sportsbooks offer simple bonuses, but they don’t come much easier than at FanDuel. So simple, in fact, that we can explain the entire process in five quick steps.
- Follow a FanDuel link provided to reach the homepage.
- Register for an account by completing the sign-up forms.
- Go to the cashier and make a deposit using your preferred method.
- Make sure to deposit the minimum requirement for the welcome bonus ($10).
- There is no promo code needed. Place your first bet of at least $10 to qualify.
Will You Need a Promo Code?
No. It is unlikely that you will need to use a Puerto Rico FanDuel promo code since the welcome offer is typically provided by making a qualifying deposit and bet, not by entering a code. Of course, this could change when the sports betting platform does launch.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
New users should become very familiar with some common bonus terms and conditions. These are the vital footnotes that determine how to use your bonus and turn bonus bets into cold hard cash.
- Promo Codes: The FanDuel Puerto Rico bonus code can be a special and unique short piece of text that, when entered, will allow you to claim a specific promotional offer.
- Wagering Requirements: The wagering requirement is the number of times any bonus bets must be wagered before any remaining winnings can be considered real money. In general, FanDuel sets this at 1x, so the winnings are instantly withdrawable.
- Min/Max Deposit: This refers to the lowest acceptable deposit to claim an offer. The maximum deposit is the largest deposit required to claim the full amount of an offer when the bonus provides a percentage match.
- Eligible Sports: Not all sports are eligible for some bonuses. Also, most bonuses will have a limit on eligible bets such as “no parlays” or impose some sort of minimum and maximum odds.
- Expiry Date: The expiration date determines when your bonus will no longer be valid and you’ll forfeit any unused bonus bets after this date.
Mistakes to Avoid when Claiming a Bonus
Betting at FanDuel Sportsbook in Puerto Rico will be incredibly easy, but there are still a few very simple mistakes that could stop you from claiming a bonus or prevent you from converting the offer into real money.
- Wrong code: Entering the wrong Puerto Rico FanDuel promo code is the fastest mistake to make. Ensure you enter the correct code by copying and pasting the text in, rather than doing so from memory.
- Minimum deposit: Some bonuses may require a larger deposit than the sportsbooks standard minimum requirement. Read the terms and conditions to make sure you don’t have to make a larger deposit than you initially thought.
- Eligible sports: This sports betting platform has tons of parlay bonuses for specific sports and events, such as selected MLB games. If you bet on the wrong game or market, you won’t qualify for that bonus.
More FanDuel Puerto Rico Sports Betting Promotions to Expect
FanDuel often runs extra promotions for online sports betting. There are usually a handful of offers that you can take advantage of, but they do not stick around for very long. These can extend to special parlays, boosted odds, or bonus bets.
- Profit Boost: Active bettors can receive Profit Boost tokens for selected leagues. Some offers increase the profits by up to 50%.
- Refer-a-Friend: You can claim a $50 bonus rewards by getting a friend to sign up and bet at least $10. This bonus can be claimed with five separate referrals per month for a total of $250.
When can you use FanDuel in Puerto Rico?
You can use FanDuel Sportsbook in Puerto Rico as soon as it officially launches. No date for this launch has been given, but we expect this could happen sometime before the end of 2024. Puerto Ricans will need to wait for this operator to obtain the required licenses before we see that launch.
Timeline for Legal Sports Betting in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico residents can finally enjoy online sports betting sites, but it hasn’t been the smoothest ride. Check out the timeline below and see why it took five years until the first online sportsbook launched in Puerto Rico.
- July 7, 2023 – Caesars becomes the second online sportsbook to launch in Puerto Rico.
- June 8, 2023 – BetMGM officially launches the first online sportsbook in Puerto Rico. Other platforms are now tipped to launch and we will likely see more Puerto Rico sportsbooks within the next 6-12 months.
- December 21, 2022 – Caesars launches a retail sportsbook at Casino Metro in San Juan and becomes the second major US operator in Puerto Rico.
- February 9, 2022 – Attempts to obtain licenses are slow as there is confusion surrounding regulations and the application process provided by Gaming Division of the Puerto Rico Tourism Company – commonly referred to as the Puerto Rico Gambling Commission. BetMGM succeeds and launches the first Puerto Rican retail sportsbook, located within Casino Del Mar.
- June 29, 2019 – H.B. 2038 is passed and signed into law and sports betting is legalized in Puerto Rico. Online sports betting sites like FanDuel can apply for licenses to legally operate in the US territory.
FanDuel Retail Sports Betting in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico betting sites are a great way to bet on your favorite sports but it’s not the only way. There are two retail sportsbooks offering in-person wagering and betting kiosks. Caesars operates a sportsbook at Casino Metro and BetMGM is located within Casino Del Mar. DraftKings will soon launch a sportsbook at Foxwoods El San Juan Casino. However, FanDuel hasn’t yet secured a local partner in the Caribbean island.
How to use FanDuel Sportsbook Puerto Rico When Live
Once the Puerto Rico FanDuel sportsbook goes live, you’ll be able to see first-hand how intuitive and user-friendly this sports betting platform is. In the meantime, we can help you experience that simplicity with our five-step guide to using FanDuel based on other jurisdictions.
Step 1: Get an Online Account
Go to fanduel.com and click on the green “Join now” button to get started. Complete the registration form by providing your personal details including your phone number and SSN for verification.
Step 2: Download the FanDuel App
Depending on whether you use an Android device or an iPhone, head to either Google Play or the App Store. Search for FanDuel. Locate the app and then choose “Install” or “Get” to download and install the sports betting app.
Step 3: Fund your Account
Go to the cashier section and choose to make a deposit. Nominate a banking method, choose your amount, and follow the prompts associated with your specific deposit method. The welcome bonus requires no Puerto Rico FanDuel bonus code.
Step 4: Place your Bet
To claim the welcome offer, you need to bet at least $10. Find an event, a valuable market, and then your preferred selection. Complete the bet slip to finalize your wager.
Step 5: Withdraw your Winnings
If you picked up a win, simply head back to the cashier and choose to request a payout. Additionally, make sure you have played through your bonus to try and pick up some additional winnings. Head to the cashier again, make sure you verify your account, which will require a photo ID, and make a withdrawal request using your preferred payment method.
How FanDuel Could Compare to other Puerto Rico Apps
BetMGM and Caesars might be the only current Puerto Rico sports betting sites, but they provide plenty of competition. We’ve compared FanDuel against these two operators that hold licenses from the Puerto Rico Gambling Commission to see which one has the best bonus.
||BetMGM PR||Caesars PR|
|Sports Bonus||Up to $200 in Bonus Bets||Up to $100 First Bet Insurance||Bet $50, Get $50 in Bonus Bets|
FanDuel Sportsbook Puerto Rico Preview Based on Other States
FanDuel is well known as a daily fantasy sports platform, but the genuine sports betting site should not be overlooked. This operator joins a growing list of potential Puerto Rico betting sportsbooks and we expect FanDuel to launch within the next 12 months.
Betting in Puerto Rico with FanDuel will be an intuitive experience. This platform is well-designed, with a layout that casual bettors will find very natural. A single menu on the left of screen displays just about every section of the website, so a simple scroll down will reveal everything. The live betting experience is particularly strong with decent odds, live streaming, and highly advanced virtual scoreboard.
There are less sports to bet on than at other sites, but it is only a few niche sports that are missing. FanDuel does lack a loyalty program akin to BetMGM or Caesars, but these sportsbooks don’t yet offer loyalty rewards in Puerto Rico anyway. The education tools are particularly advantageous for new bettors. Hit the “Learn to Bet” tab and you’ll find a plethora of videos and articles that will aid in learning about different markets, bet types, and more.
Pros and Cons
- User-friendly platform design
- HD live streaming on MLB
- Advanced virtual scoreboard
- Helpful learning tools online
- Limited range of niche sports
- No loyalty program
FanDuel Puerto Rico Sports Betting (7.5/10)
Whether you are looking for an endless list of NBA prop bets or some of the best odds for the Super Bowl, FanDuel is definitely one of the most competitive betting apps in the US. This sportsbook boasts a variety of useful betting features and it is very easy to craft various system bets.
Legal PR Sports Betting Markets
DraftKings doesn’t offer as many sports as BetMGM, with around 15 different sports to choose from. However all the US major leagues, including the NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB, are present and cover every single game. This platform will offer some of the best PR sports betting for baseball with coverage of both the KBO and Nippon Pro leagues.
- Ice hockey
- Horse racing
Types of Bets You Can Make
All the standard bets are present at FanDuel, including Moneyline, spreads, and totals, but also a truly extensive range of specials, props, futures, and a range of bets unique to each sport, such as 40-40 specials for baseball or Double Chance for soccer. FanDuel also offers Same Game Parlays for numerous sports, including baseball and soccer.
Online Sports Betting Features
The sports betting features include a very intuitive Parlay Builder that allows you to swiftly and easily create valuable parlay bets. FanDuel offers live streaming of different sports, including MLB, but the virtual scoreboard provides plenty of important details with great animations in real-time as well. You can also cash out early on selected bets and markets for an early payout or to get out of a bad bet.
Payment Methods We Expect at Puerto Rico Betting Sites
The minimum deposit and withdrawal requirements are in line with most legal sports betting platforms in the US. $20 withdrawals ensure you don’t have to win a fortune to receive a payday and $10 deposits mean you don’t need to be a high roller either.
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Bank transfer||$10||$20||3-5 business days|
|Debit cards||$10||$20||Up to 24 hours|
|PayPal||$10||$20||Up to 48 hours|
|FanDuel Prepaid Play+||$10||$20||Up to 24 hours|
|Check||N/A||$20||7-10 business days|
|Venmo||$10||$20||Up to 48 hours|
|Cash at the counter||$10||$20||Up to 48 hours|
FanDuel PR Betting Apps Experience Expected on Mobile vs Desktop
Of all the potential Puerto Rico sportsbooks we expect, FanDuel may very well be the most user friendly. The platform is very simplistic in appearance, which is ideal for both novice and experienced bettors. Users can leverage the well-designed betting windows to place great parlays while novice bettors will have no problem finding their favorite events or markets using the intuitive menus.
The mobile app is available on both iOS and Android devices and provides the same user-friendly interface as the web desktop version. Daily fantasy sports fans will still need to download the separate mobile app if they wish to enjoy fantasy leagues though. Loading speeds are quick and the touchscreen controls are accurate. It is very much a smooth extension of the desktop experience.
Customer Support for FanDuel Betting in Puerto Rico
Bettors from Puerto Rico will be able to reach assistance via two methods. The live chat feature is a chat bot that mostly directs you to the appropriate FAQs section, but it can also pass on a message to the email team. Wait times can vary, but even during the busiest periods, email responses only take up to 12 hours in most jurisdictions.
- Live chat: 24/7
- Email: Web form
New users and experienced bettors can feel safe at FanDuel. The operator has always provided numerous responsible gambling tools across each sports betting region. FanDuel also provides the number for 1-800-GAMBLER freely. You can take advantage of:
- Time outs
- Deposit limits
- Bet limits
- Betting guides and how-to videos
Our Verdict of the Expected FanDuel Sportsbook Puerto Rico: 7.5/10
FanDuel is boasting a great range of sports to bet on, plenty of secure banking methods, and numerous betting features powered by an intuitive web portal that both novice and experienced bettors can take advantage of. It’s incredibly easy to place valuable parlays owing to the user-friendly interface.
HD live streaming and an incredibly detailed real-time virtual scoreboard make the FanDuel sportsbook one of the best Puerto Rico betting sites for in-play betting. You’ll be able to take advantage of tons of bonuses each month and we fully expect FanDuel to offer a fantastic welcome offer too.